Oklahoma Joe's 2nd Annual BBQ Cookoff

• Thread starter Chick'n Pig BBQ
  • Start date
C

Chick'n Pig BBQ

Just got my app in the mail. Contest is May 18-19 2007.
We are planning on doing this one again.
Who else is going?

We didnt do this last year but we are planning on doing it this year.

It was a real nice contest. we had a great time, just make sure you watch all of your stuff!. someone took 2 of our water buckets and 1 of our briskets?

We should be in the Invitational. Will they send us something without haveing to ask????

Pardon!! First timers .

Spice

So you will have two invitationals in a row... This, Then the GAB? Can you handle that much winning in a row?

spicewine said:
We should be in the Invitational. Will they send us something without haveing to ask????

Pardon!! First timers .

Spice

Oklahoma Joes is just like a regular Kcbs sanctioned State contest. limited to 100 teams. No invitational.
But there is also the World brisket open. each brisket entered is $100.00 each 2 max.
You must enter the kcbs contest to enter the world brisket open. I can get you a copy of the app or i am sure it will be in the bull sheet or WWW.oklahomajoesbbq.com I just read
Skip

Chick'n Pig BBQ said:
Oklahoma Joes is just like a regular Kcbs sanctioned State contest. limited to 100 teams. No invitational.
But there is also the World brisket open. each brisket entered is $100.00 each 2 max.
You must enter the kcbs contest to enter the world brisket open. I can get you a copy of the app or i am sure it will be in the bull sheet or WWW.oklahomajoesbbq.com I just read
Skip

So they are only allowing two this year? We entered 3 last year...
Proof Brisket is not our best catagory :twisted:

$275 covered an "RV" spot (20x50) that included 30AMP power. The briskets were $100 each for the WBO.

I have not gotten my pack for this year.

200.00 for a 20w x 25d all the way to
275.00 for a 20w x 50d RV space
+ 100.00 per each brisket entered into the world brisket open. if you want to enter the brisket open.
Skip

Might have to think about this one. Won't be doing the Great American.

Okay, I signed up. I think I might be able to get a sponsor over in Kansas to cover the entry fee on this one... or else I better start selling more sauce.

Gawd, I can't wait for come season here!!!!

Got a call from Pam today confirming my CC. Sounds like I'm in. Unless my sponsor kicks in, I'm not doing the brisket.

spicewine said:

Pardon!! First timers .

Spice

OOOPPPSSS!! I was thinking of the GAB!! Sorry!! We will probably not do this one this year.

Spice

spicewine said:
OOOPPPSSS!! I was thinking of the GAB!! Sorry!! We will probably not do this one this year.

Spice

What??? I was for sure you all would be doing this one.This is a nice contest and it is one week before the GAB.
I hope you change your mind!

Back