Best remote thermometer to monitor pit temp, remotely?

B

bigracksbbq

any suggestions? want to monitor my pit temp, from inside my rv.

Maverick ET-73 is what I have and seems to be the most popular model. I chose it by asking the same question. Works great, but range is not great. Should not be an issue with RV though.
Check Amazon too for pricing.

Maverick ET-73 is what I have and seems to be the most popular model. I chose it by asking the same question. Works great, but range is not great. Should not be an issue with RV though.
Check Amazon too for pricing.

I will second the range complaint. My grill is on the patio and I can't go to our family room which is on the back of the house. That one brick wall seems to block the signal.

For about the last 4 or 5 years I've been using the one that WalMart sells. $15.00. No problems except that you will likely have to replace the probe & cable until you learn how not to burn it up. Simply, I take about a 3" piece of long aluminum foil and wrap the probe & cable with it.

One other alternative is to get the Maverick ET-7 which is a dual meat probe. I frequently use the second probe as and ambient air temp. Also available at Amazon for about $40 bucks. I've recently upgraded to their hi-temp probes and have yet to be able to give a report.

For about the last 4 or 5 years I've been using the one that WalMart sells. $15.00. No problems except that you will likely have to replace the probe & cable until you learn how not to burn it up. Simply, I take about a 3" piece of long aluminum foil and wrap the probe & cable with it.

One other alternative is to get the Maverick ET-7 which is a dual meat probe. I frequently use the second probe as and ambient air temp. Also available at Amazon for about $40 bucks. I've recently upgraded to their hi-temp probes and have yet to be able to give a report.

Do you know if the ET-7 has better range?

Back