Vending in tx

S

SEMPER FIre

Hello,
this will be my first time, so take easy and be gentle with me and ill still respect you in the morning....ok....so thinking about, actually buying items now, food vendor in tx...i have noticed many venues only allow vendors maybe 2 hours to set up, how in the heck can you bbq, smoke, ribs or brisket(including tri tip) in that amount of time???? I have spent many a beers(hours) cooking ribs and brisket just for home. How can it be done for the masses with no "home prep" allowed????

first off welcome to the brethren site and find your way over to the cattlecall and intro duce yourself there also :thumb: you will notice this site will not stand for pilling on so don't be afraid to ask question and PLEASE provide input makes for a much better environment.

OK you question I think you might be getting competition cooking and vending mixed up, most of what I have been involved with you can prep and cook off site if you are vending only and as long as it's done in an approved commissary or at your facility that is licensed?

for a competing the food must be uncooked and in most cases inspected before you can season and start cooking.
hope this helps

Last edited:
Back