First Pork Butt.....PRON

BBQ4FUN

Full Fledged Farker
Reaction score
Well I (and the rest of my family) were VERY impressed with this first pork butt smoke on the UDS. 9 1/2#
100_1236.jpg

First a nice layer of mustard.
100_1237.jpg

Next some Chris Lilly's rub (Just the first one I found in a search)
100_1238.jpg

Wrapped it up at 9PM to sit in fridge overnight.
100_1239.jpg

UDS fired up at 5:45 AM.
100_1243.jpg

Pork butt put on at 6:20 AM.
100_1244.jpg

Can't forget my helper.
100_1249.jpg

Pulled off at 1:15 PM. I was expecting this to take longer. But "It's done when it's done" Let rest in cooler until 5:30 PM.
100_1253.jpg

Pulled very easy. I had a hard time keeping everyone's fingers out of it while pulling.
100_1254.jpg

Final presentation. I got lots of grief from everyone for the sloppy presentation. I really didn't care. I couldn't take it no longer. I WANTED TO EAT THE GOODNESS!! This is the first time having slaw (Sweet, Tangy, Crunchy Slaw) on my pulled pork sammi. I do have to say it was AWESOME.
100_1251.jpg

I think the wife is liking the smoking also. She is already buying my stuff for our newly found hobby.

Thanks for looking.

Sure looks gooooooooood to me!!!!!! :clap2: :clap2: :clap2:

I want to try a pork putt so bad....but I don't know where I would find them in or around San Jose, CA. and my son can't eat pork (it tears up his stomach), and so it would just be my wife and I eating it for about three weeks!!

SteveT

Nice work, great pics.

Did the Lab get anything for helping? My Lab is just happy eating firewood.

Thanks guys. I do have a nice advantage of getting any kind of meat I would ever need. I own a meat locker/slaughter house. Think I'm going to try doing some fattys next weekend. Just got to figured what ingredients I want to use.

El Lobo, yes the Lab got a treat. She was going crazy smelling it all day as I was.

Well BBQ4FUN, Looks like you nailed it. I'd be all over that plate.. Cheers!!!

Ha! I love the pic of the dog looking at you as if to say, "You better share. For real."

Nice job Derek :thumb:, glad things are working correctly, and welcome to the Brethren.....:clap2:

The butt looks great, but what really got my attention is the fact that you have easy access to any type of meat that you desire. That is just sick.

I'd love to be able to walk into the workplace and pick up some rump caps, whole beef shoulders, and dino bones on the cheap. Maybe some choice angus tri tips too!

Love the coleslaw topper, I'm getting hungry for a second dinner!

Back