Sea bass on a Himalayan Salt Block

Ross in Ventura

is One Chatty Farker
Reaction score
I went to the Oxnard Harbor where they have a farmers market and fresh fish on Sunday
d4b0559a.jpg

814763d2.jpg

29b999c5.jpg

Seasoned with lemon, butter, and Holy Smoken Chipotle seasoning
7931fbbd.jpg

5152d89d.jpg

776c445e.jpg

Pre heated the Egg and salt block to 500* for 1 1/2 hrs. Put the sea bass on for 3-min. a side
1fcd3f8b.jpg

Flipped @ 3-min.
9a9a7051.jpg

8e121cdd.jpg

It turned out wonderful you can put the holy smoken chipotle on just about anything. Served with mashed potatoes and a green salad

Thanks for looking

Ross

I went to the Oxnard Harbor where they have a farmers market and fresh fish on Sunday
d4b0559a.jpg

814763d2.jpg

29b999c5.jpg

Seasoned with lemon, butter, and Holy Smoken Chipotle seasoning
7931fbbd.jpg

5152d89d.jpg

776c445e.jpg

Pre heated the Egg and salt block to 500* for 1 1/2 hrs. Put the sea bass on for 3-min. a side
1fcd3f8b.jpg

Flipped @ 3-min.
9a9a7051.jpg

8e121cdd.jpg

It turned out wonderful you can put the holy smoken chipotle on just about anything. Served with mashed potatoes and a green salad

Thanks for looking

Ross

Very interesting.

What are the advantages of using the salt block?

Man that looks amazing Ross. White seabass is one of my all time favorites and they are blast to fish for...

where did you score the salt block? My little bro has served seared Ahi on a salt block before, but it didn't look like yours. I'm assuming you can't re-use it?

It looks wonderful Ross!! I'm sure it tasted wonderful too. :thumb:

Neat technique. I looked up salt block cooking yesterday and found it pretty interesting. The salt blocks aren't too expensive so I might have to give it a try. We cook a lot of grilled fish and this appears to be a really good technique for fish!!
Thanks for the post.

ross - very nice!

the blocks are pricey, do you think they are worth it? (flavor and cooking ease)

That looks great. I've seen Salt Blocks in a local store for around $100, and wondered how they performed. How do they do with steaks?

Back