THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

B

bigracksbbq

any suggestions? want to monitor my pit temp, from inside my rv.

Maverick ET-73 is what I have and seems to be the most popular model. I chose it by asking the same question. Works great, but range is not great. Should not be an issue with RV though.
Check Amazon too for pricing.

Maverick ET-73 is what I have and seems to be the most popular model. I chose it by asking the same question. Works great, but range is not great. Should not be an issue with RV though.
Check Amazon too for pricing.

I will second the range complaint. My grill is on the patio and I can't go to our family room which is on the back of the house. That one brick wall seems to block the signal.

For about the last 4 or 5 years I've been using the one that WalMart sells. $15.00. No problems except that you will likely have to replace the probe & cable until you learn how not to burn it up. Simply, I take about a 3" piece of long aluminum foil and wrap the probe & cable with it.

One other alternative is to get the Maverick ET-7 which is a dual meat probe. I frequently use the second probe as and ambient air temp. Also available at Amazon for about $40 bucks. I've recently upgraded to their hi-temp probes and have yet to be able to give a report.

For about the last 4 or 5 years I've been using the one that WalMart sells. $15.00. No problems except that you will likely have to replace the probe & cable until you learn how not to burn it up. Simply, I take about a 3" piece of long aluminum foil and wrap the probe & cable with it.

One other alternative is to get the Maverick ET-7 which is a dual meat probe. I frequently use the second probe as and ambient air temp. Also available at Amazon for about $40 bucks. I've recently upgraded to their hi-temp probes and have yet to be able to give a report.

Do you know if the ET-7 has better range?

Back