bigabyte

somebody shut me the fark up.
Reaction score
Banner.gif
Our new category is...

[size=+2]"Food Art!"[/size]
IMG_0576-1.jpg

Be careful not to use any eggplant!

...as chosen by Al Czervik, the winner of the Street Food Throwdown!

Al's vision for this one is as follows...
Al Czervik said:
I have an idea for a fun new category. We all know Gore is the king of strange, fun and bizarre dishes, but we've never called an official TD to see how the other Brethren stack up. With that in mind, I'd like the next TD to be "Food Art" as defined by the participant... It's a totally open category so the only limitation is what your mind can imagine. I'd like to see the all ingredients be edible (sans toothpicks, skewers, etc) but we'll let the voters be the final judge. :becky:

Click here to read the rules for the BBQ Brethren Throwdown...

You may submit entries that are cooked from Friday 2/10 through Sunday 2/19.

Entry pictures must be submitted by Midnight Central US Time on Sunday night 2/19.

By submitting entry photos to this Throwdown thread you are agreeing that you have read and understand the Throwdown Rules.

The voting will begin Monday 2/20 after the "Vote" thread is submitted and will run through Sunday 2/26. All votes will be public.

Don't forget, you can still enter the "Lesser Known Cuts of Meat" Throwdown until Sunday night 2/12 by midnight Central time.

Our next category will be decided by the winner of the "Make It Funky" Throwdown!

Best of luck and even better eats to all!

This one may be way out of my league, but it's going to be fun watching it unfold!

Yeah, some things are better left to the professionals. I don't have an artistic bone in my body. I can't wait to see the entries!

Hmmm, seems this is quickly turning into a team entry TD.

Also, I have never tried grilling a toaster but can anyone offer up some tips? Do you foil the toaster and at what temp?

^^^^^ Just enter burnt ends. They are on a roll, lately. Actually, enter burnt ends on an Italian beef roll. Ooooo, deconstructed Italian lesser known cut of beef burnt ends. :idea: :thumb:

CD

Don't forget the much needed bottled sauce :thumb:

I was down on this throwdown when I first read it, but it has grown on me -- like a fungus.

I now find myself, as an art major, thinking of a plate of food, at the very least, like a Rothco, and in my most adventurous, like a Salvadore Dali.

I'm thinking Dali could do amazing things with eggs and cheese. I'm also thinking that I could make a huge mess of my kitchen trying to do Dali entry.

I think Munch is a little too Gore for me. Although he may be more into el Greco or Goya. Good luck making food look like their art.

When I get back home, I'll need to do some drinking and thinking. :becky:

CD

Back