I want my smoker to look like a smoker

pjtexas1

somebody shut me the fark up.
Reaction score
Smitty and all these pellet threads have me wanting a pellet grill. Seems like some of the better options look more like a gas grill or a hybrid rather than a smoker. That has me leaning towards Blazn or Rec Tec. Stupid brain of mine...

Anybody else suffering with me? Am I'm just being too darn picky?

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

So...3 out of 3... looks like I'm just crazy. :doh:

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

If I were to buy a pellet grill again (which I promised myself I wouldnt do) the Mak grills have always appealed to me most amongst the higher end grills. I'd like to try some food off an FEC-100 too...maybe I have when judging and didnt known it, but I want to knowingly try it.

yG5K4Xwl.jpg

RJGsMRpl.jpg

1DTu8nJl.jpg

0QKTQYpl.jpg

8WtfddWl.jpg

wfUZRUzl.jpg

Last edited:
Guess you better start talking to Pitmaker $1895.......:biggrin1: Good news is You won't have to Pay Shipping. Bad News is You will have to Pay Sales Tax.......

8WtfddWl.jpg

PITMAKER MACHINE GUN SMOKER SPECIFICATIONS

*20” x 36” Main Cooking Chamber with 2 Levels of Cook Grate Space
– Dimensions Below:
Bottom Grate Surface area: 32” x 22”, and Upper Grate area: 32” x 16” = 1216 Sq. Inches of Cooking Grate Space!

STANDARD AR-20 PELLET PIT INCLUDED FEATURES
*Note: Many features we include standard, other manufacturers will up-charge you for...

-Strong, 1/4" Thick Cooking Chamber
-Fold up Steel Shelf, nice big surface for plates and pans (that folds down for getting though doorways)
-Pellet Pro Hopper/Feeder System with PID Controller (Best in the Industry)
-Tel-Tru Factory Calibrated Accurate Thermometer
-Slide-Out Cooking Grates - (Included!)
-Dual Baffle Plate Above Heat Pot - For Clean and Easy Smoking Meat - (Included!)
-1-1/4" Ball Valve Drain for Easy Cleanup - (Included!)
-Fully Seam-Welded Flanged Lids (Not Stitch-Welded!)
-Stainless Steel Cooking Chamber Hinges
-5/8” Solid Stainless Handle Rods with Stainless “Cool-to-Touch” Handles
-11 Gauge Steel Baffle Plate doubled with 11 Gauge Steel Drip Plate for easy cleanup and great heat distribution
-Heavy Duty 7"" Casters for Easy Moving

Last edited:
The heart wants what the heart wants.

And we all a little crazy...sometimes anyway.

I'm a "form follows function" kind of guy - but if you can get a pooper that looks enough like a smoker to make you happy, go for it.

If you want it to look like a smoker, glue a poster of the Rat Pack on it. All of those guys smoked, like chimneys.:cool:

I say just put a split on top of the pellet hopper...then you can pretend its a real smoker.

Kinda like the playing cards in the spokes of your bike so you could pretend it was a motorcycle.

If I were to buy a pellet grill again (which I promised myself I wouldnt do) the Mak grills have always appealed to me most amongst the higher end grills. I'd like to try some food off an FEC-100 too...maybe I have when judging and didnt known it, but I want to knowingly try it.

If you are at the American Royal this year, stop by Friday evening and visit. I might have a slice of brisket around 6-7PM.

Back