Whats a good wing sauce?

NeilH

is one Smokin' Farker
Reaction score
Homemade or store bought. Whats your favorite wing sauce to use for grilling wings. I always use a vinegar base sauce I make but was curious as to any other ideas with or without vinegar. I also use the sirracha, honey and lime sometimes.

I've used a combination of Datil do it sauce, Tiger sauce and butter. Mix equal parts Datil and Tiger, and heat it enough to melt about a quarter to a half stick of butter. This makes a pretty good grilling sauce, and if kept warm, dipping sauce.

Franks Red Hot, melted butter, minced garlic or garlic powder. Can add some fresh cracked pepper to it too. I don't measure just add everything to taste. Mix it all up and toss wangs in it. Tasty.

For store bought, the Kroger brand wing sauces are pretty good, esp. the hot-it's got some kick!

Pyrex glass measuring cup. 1/2 stick of butter or enough to make 1/3 cup, lightly melted in the microwave. 1/3 cup honey, 1/3 cup Sriracha. Warm all and thoroughly combine. Toss over wings in a large mixing bowl. Reheat wings on grill until sauce is set, about 10 minutes medium heat indirect.

Shack Attack & Butter

Dawg, is this it??

Here is a delicious version of an old VA BBQ sauce inspired by a VA BBQ man named Shack. I drink this stuff straight, that's how good it is. It has no sugar in it, so sweet sauce fans may want to stay away.

1 1/2 cup Apple Cider Vinegar
1/4 cup water
1/4 cup of your favorite hot sauce
1 Tablespoon (TBS) Paprika
1 TBS Black Pepper
1 TBS Kitchen Salt
2 TBS Yellow Mustard (French)

Mix well, let sit for at least 24 to 48 hours before serving for best results. I blend it in my Ninja, that's why it's about 16 ounces total.

I make my own pepper jelly loosely based on the recipe from the recipe page, and go equal parts pepper jelly, tapatio (or franks) and butter. Then throw in whatever is lying around, fresh garlic, cayenne etc.. came out purty darn good...i highly recommend the pepper jelly to anyone growing their own peppers, that stuff on any pork is good eatin'.

Dawg, is this it??

Here is a delicious version of an old VA BBQ sauce inspired by a VA BBQ man named Shack. I drink this stuff straight, that's how good it is. It has no sugar in it, so sweet sauce fans may want to stay away.

1 1/2 cup Apple Cider Vinegar
1/4 cup water
1/4 cup of your favorite hot sauce
1 Tablespoon (TBS) Paprika
1 TBS Black Pepper
1 TBS Kitchen Salt
2 TBS Yellow Mustard (French)

Mix well, let sit for at least 24 to 48 hours before serving for best results. I blend it in my Ninja, that's why it's about 16 ounces total.
yep!

Thanks dawg. And ever one else. Lot of good ideas. Some I've tried, some not.

41kU5TxT5fL._SX342_.jpg

I just use this and put some garlic powder and lemon pepper in it.

The original buffalo wing sauce was hot sauce with butter added to make your level of comfort.

But there are so many variations and gourmet versions now that there are so many to choose from. But the simplest is sometime still the best.

2 1/2 lb. fresh chicken wings 12-16 whole wings
8 tablespoons hot sauce
1 tablespoon white vinegar
1/2 teaspoon black pepper.
1/4 cup melted butter or margarine

Split wings at joint, pat dry.

Melt margarine or butter in microwave bowl or small saucepan, add wing sauce and bring to light boil, remove from heat.

Deep fry wings at 350 degrees for 10-12 minutes, or
bake wings at 425 degrees for 45 minutes
until completely cooked and crispy; then allow to drain.

Put in cooked wings into sauce and toss until wings are completely covered. Remove wings from sauce and let drain a moment to remove excess. Serve with bleu cheese and celery. For a milder wing add additional margarine or butter.

Mine is

Franks
Apple cider vinegar
Apple juice
butter
some of my spicy rub mix

bring it all to a boil, then let it simmer until it thickens up... could not tell you measurements. I just eye ball it

"Get in my belly" sauce:

2-3 lbs of chicken wings, cooked.
8 fingers
2 thumbs

Pick up wings, one at a time, with fingers and thumbs. Place in mouth. Remove the meat. Swallow. Repeat, insert a chug of your favorite beverage every 4-5 wings.

Seriously, I'm thinkin' about the wings more than the sauce, unless lcbatemen3 made them!

Back