Tacos 3 Kinds

Greendriver

is Blowin Smoke!
Reaction score
Here’s my weekends worth of cooking and you would think we spent the weekend in Mexico. Friday nights are usually not cooking nights at mi casa but I just had to have something a little better than the usual Friday night stuff we pick up on the way home, and happened to have a lb of pulled pork in the freezer so I stopped and got some tortillas and fresh store made pico de gallo and it was easy enough to whip this taco dinner up and no it didn’t taste just like Carnitas but it was dam good though. Sat I wanted to fix this Grilled Corn and Black Bean Salsa I saw in F and W and I didn’t feel like I needed a recipe for it so I just grilled some corn and sliced it off the cob and mixed in some onion, cilantro, jalapeno, tomatoes, lime juice, salt until it tasted and looked good. I couldn’t wait to try this salsa with this dried chorizo I had in the fridge and it seemed like a good pairing. The cheese and chorizo dish has a name or at least it did at a little mom and pop restaurant we use to have here but I can’t remember what it is. I just crumbled up the cooked chorizo and layered it with cheese in the individual baking dishes (same way they served it) and smeared that on a tortilla and topped with salsa, hmmmmm. Now last night I just thought the chorizo was good until I got me one of these feesh tacos and catfish never was sooooo goooood. Let’s see that salsa found the table 2 nights in a row and we might even let it replace our southern chow chow tonight and have it with some chicken and dumplins the wife made yesterday for my sick uncle John (she made a double batch). We’re even thinking about making a double batch of it and cold packing some so we’ll have some on hand quick like. I don’t know about everyone else but these post about eveyone’s cooking keeps me in ideas for future cooks and inspired to cook well.

IMG_4749.jpg

Slide Show

Looks like Tex-Mex is really gaining in popularity around here. Keep up the good work. Attached is my contribution; a salsa recipe.

Last edited:
Those are some good looking tacos GD and what you said about getting ideas for future cooks from the Brethern site goes double for me:icon_bigsmil

Looks muy sabroso!! I like the combination of ingredients you used. I want an order please......

wow that looks good. When wife and I eat Mexican food it like a pep pill does it affect anyone els like that?

Looks great man:biggrin:

Here’s my weekends worth of cooking and you would think we spent the weekend in Mexico. Friday nights are usually not cooking nights at mi casa but I just had to have something a little better than the usual Friday night stuff we pick up on the way home, and happened to have a lb of pulled pork in the freezer so I stopped and got some tortillas and fresh store made pico de gallo and it was easy enough to whip this taco dinner up and no it didn’t taste just like Carnitas but it was dam good though. Sat I wanted to fix this Grilled Corn and Black Bean Salsa I saw in F and W and I didn’t feel like I needed a recipe for it so I just grilled some corn and sliced it off the cob and mixed in some onion, cilantro, jalapeno, tomatoes, lime juice, salt until it tasted and looked good. I couldn’t wait to try this salsa with this dried chorizo I had in the fridge and it seemed like a good pairing. The cheese and chorizo dish has a name or at least it did at a little mom and pop restaurant we use to have here but I can’t remember what it is. I just crumbled up the cooked chorizo and layered it with cheese in the individual baking dishes (same way they served it) and smeared that on a tortilla and topped with salsa, hmmmmm. Now last night I just thought the chorizo was good until I got me one of these feesh tacos and catfish never was sooooo goooood. Let’s see that salsa found the table 2 nights in a row and we might even let it replace our southern chow chow tonight and have it with some chicken and dumplins the wife made yesterday for my sick uncle John (she made a double batch). We’re even thinking about making a double batch of it and cold packing some so we’ll have some on hand quick like. I don’t know about everyone else but these post about eveyone’s cooking keeps me in ideas for future cooks and inspired to cook well.

IMG_4749.jpg

Slide Show

Great looking tacos there. I think the word for that chorizo and cheese is just simply choriqueso. Or the only other thing I can think off. There is also another dish that is very similar to choriqueso and that is rajas con queso. Basically the poblano chiles flamed and peeled cut into strips and then then sautee onions , add some melted cheese like mozarela and corn nibblets. Man that is goooooooood.

The cheese and chorizo dish has a name or at least it did at a little mom and pop restaurant we use to have here but I can’t remember what it is. I just crumbled up the cooked chorizo and layered it with cheese in the individual baking dishes (same way they served it) and smeared that on a tortilla and topped with salsa, hmmmmm.

That dish is called queso fundido at many restaurants and is often served as an appetizer with warm tortillas.

Good looking tacos!

Back