Packer Brisket, Baked Beans and BigButz - A winning combo!

martyleach

Quintessential Chatty Farker
Reaction score
Note: This is also the entry I have submitted for the Throwdown "By Brethren for Brethren" where we highlight some of the great products that are made by some of our Brethren members. Go check out the Throwdowns. They are fun!

I had family come into town Friday, so it gave me a great reason to Q and eat. I smoked up the brisket that Brethren R2Egg2Q (John) was kind enough to snag for me at a great price.

With that I made us some BBQ beans based on a recipe posted by patiodaddio and modified a bit.

And while the beans were on the BGE in my Dutch Oven, there was extra space for a few MOINK balls to just slip in there...

I included the following awesome brethren products.

Brisket
Plowboy's Bovine Bold followed with Simply Marvelous Sweet and Spicy when I separated the point from the flat.
BigButz Original BBQ sauce was added to the burnt tips
BigButz Hot, Cranberry and Original were on the table when the food was put out. They devoured the Original and had lots of questions like....where did you get this??? Personally, I'm kinda fond of the Cranberry cause of its cute label.

MOINKs
Simply Marvelous Cherry rub
Big Butz Original BBQ sauce
They were cooked on the ever so awesome Frogmats. I don't know how i ever cooked without them.

I purchased the most of the rubs and one of the BBQ sauces from
GreenLeaf BBQ in Livermore. Great store, great people

BBQ Beans
I normally would have added more Ketchup and Honey but reduced those portions and substituted BigButz Hot BBQ sauce. I made a huge pot of beans and they were almost all gone. Putting some of the cooked point meat in the beans and cooking in the Dutch oven for about 2 hours made this one nice eat.

brisketincryo-2.jpg

Some great rub!
bovineandmarvelouscherry.jpg

On the egg, ready to go!
justontheegg.jpg

Pulled after 11.5 hours about 245deg
brisketpulled.jpg

Gettin ready to slather and make burnt tips
pointwithbutz.jpg

BBQ bean fixins
beanfixins.jpg

Just one happy family sitting on a Frogmat
happyfamily.jpg

The sliced Brisket and what was left of the MOINKs and Burnt Tips.
slicedbrisketandmoinkswithtips.jpg

Thanks for looking.

As said in the TD thread.....

NICE brisky! Great lookin' bark!
Nailed that one, you did!:thumb:

Marty my friend, not only does that look great, but you should win a prize just for using more BB goods than anyone else in one cook!:thumb:
by the way...don't you love those Ranch Style Beans? They make the very best baked beans.

Marty my friend, not only does that look great, but you should win a prize just for using more BB goods than anyone else in one cook!:thumb:
by the way...don't you love those Ranch Style Beans? They make the very best baked beans.

Thanks! The beans were way over the top good. The Ranch Style Beans absolutely make a diff. But I gotta tell you, adding the small cubed brisket point meat in and flipping in Tom's BBQ sauce got the crowd on their feet!

Back