Anybody use the Square with the IPAD stand while vending?

Dadeo719

is one Smokin' Farker
with-square-stand-jack-dorsey-brings-high-design-to-the-point-of-sale

Just wondering your thoughts and pros and cons you have had.

I use the Square yes but on my IPhone instead of IPad. Works great money is in the account at like 3am that night after swiping. I've had it for 3 years with no issues.

Awesome. I am thinking this is what we will be using. Have you any experience with their pre-order function? We would like to be able to pre-sale by the pound and just have it ready for them the next week.

We use the square stand for vending as well. I like it because you can pre program all the items and just push the button for each item. It makes keeping track of what you sell and how much you sell very easy.

dadeo, we use square in our restaurant. it's an awesome, scalable system. If you're using the square credit card reader, using the app is a no brainer. As far as a "pre sale" option. you do have the option of creating an open ticket. You could use that for your pre sales, then when they're picked up you would just click on the open ticket, and pay it.

I am also thinking about using the square. Has anyone had complaints about the lack of a paper receipt? I would assume the majority of customers don't bother with an emailed receipt?

dadeo, we use square in our restaurant. it's an awesome, scalable system. If you're using the square credit card reader, using the app is a no brainer. As far as a "pre sale" option. you do have the option of creating an open ticket. You could use that for your pre sales, then when they're picked up you would just click on the open ticket, and pay it.

So with the open ticket they could pay in advance then I would be able to close it out when they picked it up. Biggest thing is since we are at the Farmers Market we want people to be able to pre-order for the next week but want to have it paid for so we don't have someone ordering 10 lbs of PP then we are stuck with it.

I am also thinking about using the square. Has anyone had complaints about the lack of a paper receipt? I would assume the majority of customers don't bother with an emailed receipt?

I've never had a complaint, it can email the receipt to them but I find most people don't even want that. If they do however give you the email address then it saves it for the next purchase and their email pops up when you swipe it and you can just hit send.

We use square with the square stand when vending and really like it.

Last year we added a printer and that really helped our flow. Now the guy/gal taking the orders doesn't have to wait on the food prep people, they just take orders as fast as they can and the food crew just calls out the persons name when their order is ready.

We use square with the square stand when vending and really like it.

Last year we added a printer and that really helped our flow. Now the guy/gal taking the orders doesn't have to wait on the food prep people, they just take orders as fast as they can and the food crew just calls out the persons name when their order is ready.

We have debated on getting the printer but we are trying to go the route if we had Zero electric available.

dadeo, there are wireless, battery powered bluetooth printers compatible with square. A ticket printer is a necessity if you have more than 1 person working. So much less running around.

Back