Caveman Ribeye

Been meaning to give this a shot - this may inspire me to do so!

Just one single flip? Or do you do it a couple of times so it's a bit more even?

One flip is fine. I usually flip twice to even out the cooking in the center.

One flip is fine. I usually flip twice to even out the cooking in the center.

I was trying to figure out if it was better with extra flip to ensure a better chance of more of the surface of the steak(s) making contact with the lump. :confused:

R U kidding me?

:shock::shock:probably the best steak i've had in my life.
no ash, no bark no coal.
my Wife likes it medium, so had to put hers back for 5 minutes, mine was done after 10 with coals that weren't ready. Incredible, makes me wonder why we spend so much money.

Attachments

• IMG_2680.JPG
    IMG_2680.JPG
    59.7 KB · Views: 44
New here, never heard of caveman (sheltered life). I'm going to give this a go, anything I need to look out for or do special?
Thanks
Dave

Am going to try the caveman ASAP!! That looks awesome. Thanks for the pics Bluesman!

Apparently you boys have not done much cooking over campfires! We did a lot of cooking on wood coals with my Boy Scout Troop. All my Scouts could cook!

Apparently you boys have not done much cooking over campfires! We did a lot of cooking on wood coals with my Boy Scout Troop. All my Scouts could cook!

Only thing i cooked over a campfire when i was a scout was hot dogs and marshmallows. couldn't afford steak

:shock::shock:probably the best steak i've had in my life.
no ash, no bark no coal.
my Wife likes it medium, so had to put hers back for 5 minutes, mine was done after 10 with coals that weren't ready. Incredible, makes me wonder why we spend so much money.

Great job Hedgeley.................:shock:

For those that are new to Caveman style, here is a good tutorial from Steven Raichlen.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hhDTcHFLP7Y"]Steven Raichlen's Caveman T-Bones With Hellfire Hot Sauce - YouTube[/ame]

Bluseman, one question. Why the salad? I'm thinking a nod to SWMBO, but still...

Back