Winter is coming...

SteveKing

is one Smokin' Farker
Reaction score
I don't know about you, but slow cooking is what I constantly crave. The winter is coming soon here in the north. What are you favorite things to slow cook indoors off the cue?

Even when I lived in Buffalo, NY the weather never hindered me from BBQing/Smoking....

It makes the weekends more enjoyable when you are snowed in.

Even when I lived in Buffalo, NY the weather never hindered me from BBQing/Smoking....

It makes the weekends more enjoyable when you are snowed in.

Couldn't agree more. I'll be grilling/smoking year round!

I tend to BBQ more the colder it gets (if that's possible)

Bring on the blizzards and the sub zero temps. :heh:

Couldn't agree more. I'll be grilling/smoking year round!

I certainly will be grilling year round (I've got 400lbs of Kingsford to prove it), but smoking up here on a OTG is a bit much for me.

I heard that's why God invented Crockpots. Of course you have to turn in your Man Card to use one. Let's don't let those toes get cold smokin on the Man Pit outside! The last wuss option is to of course to 'er boil ribs.

On the other end, we BBQ in 110*F in the shade here in the swamp. If this chit was EZ, Everybody would be doing it.

You too can make good BBQ in any weather!

already had a freeze and wiped out my tomatoes. I have a covered patio and smoke and grill any time of the year.

I heard that's why God invented Crockpots. Of course you have to turn in your Man Card to use one. Let's don't let those toes get cold smokin on the Man Pit outside! The last wuss option is to of course 'er boil ribs.

On the other end, we BBQ in 110*F in the shade here in the swamp.

You too can make good BBQ in any weather!

Amen...brother toast

The couple weeks of cold weather we normally get here, I can still suffe through a Q or three. But my favorite cold weather food is Ox Tail Soup that my wife makes. Best beef soup I have ever had...

I'm another guy who cooks more in the colder weather. My kettles seem to run better on cold nights.

The only thing that hinders me is high wind, and torrential rain.

I just can't bring myself to cook meats indoors anymore, I'm so spoiled by the smoke!

Tihs will be my first winter since picking up my Q addiction. I am excited to see how my kamado handles cold weather. I've had it for 6 months or so, and have used it almost exclusively for smoking. I've heard that it should do pretty well with low temperatures.

Charcoal does not know that it is -20 or -30. Keep the wind off of the WSM and cook away.

Curry, beef stew and dumplings, chilli.. :thumb: The dutch ovens will be getting even more use as it gets colder. Not that it'll stop me BBQing!

Back