Contest Announcment Bbq bands and brews palmyra va 22 june

Pigs on The Run

Full Fledged Farker
Reaction score
Well, we had one heck of a first year BBQ Contest at BBQ Bands and Brews! We are looking for even better one this year! If you are looking for a great quiet , less expensive contest we are the one. We have no asphalt and no wire cage to put you in! LOL. As a first year contest organizer , I couldnt ask for anything better!The teams and the Judges were awesome!After 11 years of BBQ Competitions , it was great to be able to run a contest that was TEAM friendly! We have 40 spots and only a few RV spots. I look forward in seeing everyone again plus any new teams are greatly welcomed!
John Atkins
BBQ Pit Master
BBQ BANDS AND BREWS Contest Organizer
http://www.bbqbandsandbrews.com/

Cat Sass will be proud to be there. Same spot as last year I hope!

Big thanks to our mentor John Atkins for putting this together. John is the sole reason Cat Sass BBQ exists. Who would've thunk that one rib at the Richmond Raceway in 2007 would've lead us to this friendship and partnership.

Thanks for all you do, John!

John, will there be a "backyard" division again this year, and do they contact you? I've been talkin it up!

BBQ Bands and BREWS!

Hi Rick,
We are not having a back yard contest this year in order to make room for more teams ! We are looking at 40 teams in the lovely backwoods of Thomas Jefferson's home!

Lol

They Can Be BEAT! It always great to compete against the best ! The leader always gave us a measuring stick of where we were and where we wanted to go! I remember when we won about three contest in one year I was getting phone calls from Tuffy Stone. LOL Everyone wants to know what you are doing to win!

New year, new goals.

We were extremely fortunate (lucky) last year, but like I said, that's in the past, so we are just as excited as anyone would be for the new year to start.

New year, new goals.

We were extremely fortunate (lucky) last year, but like I said, that's in the past, so we are just as excited as anyone would be for the new year to start.

Lucky???

After attending you and Rub's class last week, I don't think there is too much luck involved. Just watching you guys was like watching a couple of machines at work!

Don't sell yourselves short; you guys deserve it!

Now, if only we can remember what the heck you guys did............ :shock:

wallace

Wallace we love to have you! Also we have only 5 more spots for judges until we start a waiting list!

Dang nation! I didn't realize this thing would fill up that fast! I need to pay better attention when people say things. :doh:

Give me a few hours when the wifey gets home to make 100% sure.

wallace

Well, as it turns out, I am not sure if we will be able to make this. We have a lot of stuff going on in June.

Sad as I really wanted to get in this comp.

But, who know how the cards will be played; we might be on the waiting list.

wallace

BBQ contest new updates

Well I am so excited, I can't wait to see every one! We are getting more electric and water! For the competitors. I am planning on breakfast. If any one can give me any input to make it better , let me know! We have 10 grand to give away and 10 deep in prize money! We are tuck away in the woods! We look forward in seeing you,
John atkins
BBQ bands and brews contest organizer
Pigs on the run BBQ competitor x11 years

Back