Who's ready for more?

Got the CR Friday and tried the first pot Saturday. Michele made the first pot and decided she preferred the PNG. The next pot I made quite a bit stronger and she was happier with the CR (Me too - the first pot was waaaay too weak and had been ground too corse). Still have some of the PNG and will save the Yemen for a few weeks. I'm finding a 12 oz bag is lasting me about 4 to 5 days at the strength I brew it.

Got the CR Friday and tried the first pot Saturday. Michele made the first pot and decided she preferred the PNG. The next pot I made quite a bit stronger and she was happier with the CR (Me too - the first pot was waaaay too weak and had been ground too corse). Still have some of the PNG and will save the Yemen for a few weeks. I'm finding a 12 oz bag is lasting me about 4 to 5 days at the strength I brew it.

Stick the Yemen in the freezer if you're going to hang on to it. That will slow the outgassing and degradation.

Yes :oops:

Roasted coffee outgasses CO2 as it ages. At first this help develop the flavors, but eventually it carries away the subtle flavors.

Just had four 12 oz mugs of the CR. I'm wired! Who knew?:becky:

Put the Yemen in the freezer per your advice Ron, but it'll be gone within a fortnight I think.:thumb:

I think I have enough for a pot of two.

I'm not going to be roasting this weekend. i tweaked my knee and it is so sore that it hurts even when i am sitting. I hope to be able to roast next weekend.

Sorry to hear about your knee. I hurt mine a few years ago when I tripped going down steps with dirty laundry- ripped my thigh muscel off my knee cap. I was about 2 min away to drive to W. Virgina to help cook at a BBQ Comp. Puts lot of ice on it and let your wife wait on you :becky:
Hope you are better soon

Get better soon Ron, I'm on the last bag of coffee! :becky:

I tore up my meniscus a year ago this month. Just finally getting back to normal so I feel your pain.

Coffee??

So Ron, are you still roasting? I don't see any activity on here as of late.
What are your prices and sizes?

So Ron, are you still roasting? I don't see any activity on here as of late.
What are your prices and sizes?

Yeah, I am, but between business travel, the dog's surgery and the weather I haven't been able to do more than a small batch or two to keep us in coffee at home. I have a couple of new coffees that I want to roast soon, possibly this coming weekend.

Sorry...

Back