Fark! Bummer about the camera. You looking for a new one?

toy_camera.jpg

Thanks for the Throwdown blessing, but I'm gonna get KEEEELED with the crappy pics from that camera!:drama: It's official. My good camera is kaput.:cry: That's OK. I'm just gonna do like Landarc does and describe my dish with grand colorful verbiage describing how wonderfully tasty it is!:razz: (you know I mean well, Bob, really I do):becky:
My first thought looking at the final pic was that I'll give you a pass on the crappy camera, cause I could so Farkin eat that!!
I need to try this, how about a gravy recipe?

Man that looks good. Isn't CFS one of the food groups? I thought that for a while...never thought of grinding the meat though. I always use 'cube' steak, you know the tough meat that they run through the machine. Yours is more like a salisbury steak/country fried steak/type but with a good cut of meat, genius!
I'll have to try this, and I have an awesome buttermilk batter recipe that I use for the CFS that would be good for the grill too.
Cheers,
Brian

My first thought looking at the final pic was that I'll give you a pass on the crappy camera, cause I could so Farkin eat that!!
I need to try this, how about a gravy recipe?
It's nothing fancy at all. My gravy today was a small batch (just for that plate).

1 tbsp Butter
1 tbsp All-Purpose Flour
3/4 cup Whole Milk
Fair amount of Black Pepper (probably 1/4tsp or so)
Quick shake of Onion Powder (probably in the 1/8tsp range or a bit more)
Kosher Salt to taste

Melt butter in pan and turn heat to low. Mix in flour until thoroughly combined and let simmer like this for about a minute, but don't let it turn more than a very light blonde. Stir in milk and remaining ingredients and simmer until thickened. This makes for a sticky gravy a tad on the thick side, just how I like my country gravy.:thumb:

Man that looks good. Isn't CFS one of the food groups? I thought that for a while...never thought of grinding the meat though. I always use 'cube' steak, you know the tough meat that they run through the machine. Yours is more like a salisbury steak/country fried steak/type but with a good cut of meat, genius!
I'll have to try this, and I have an awesome buttermilk batter recipe that I use for the CFS that would be good for the grill too.
Cheers,
Brian
There should definitely be a recommended daily allowance for CFS.:thumb:
Any chance you're willing to share that buttermilk batter recipe?:becky:

It's nothing fancy at all. My gravy today was a small batch (just for that plate).

1 tbsp Butter
1 tbsp All-Purpose Flour
3/4 cup Whole Milk
Fair amount of Black Pepper (probably 1/4tsp or so)
Quick shake of Onion Powder (probably in the 1/8tsp range or a bit more)
Kosher Salt to taste

Melt butter in pan and turn heat to low. Mix in flour until thoroughly combined and let simmer like this for about a minute, but don't let it turn more than a very light blonde. Stir in milk and remaining ingredients and simmer until thickened. This makes for a sticky gravy a tad on the thick side, just how I like my country gravy.:thumb:

There should definitely be a recommended daily allowance for CFS.:thumb:
Any chance you're willing to share that buttermilk batter recipe?:becky:
Absoultely!
1 Cup Buttermilk
2 teaspoons baking powder
1 teaspoon baking soda
1 teaspoon ground black pepper
1 teaspoon kosher salt
1 large egg

Mix above ingredients. I like to add more salt and pepper to my taste. Season the meat with your rub and dredge in flour. Dip in the buttermilk mixture and dredge in the flour again. Cook until done.
This recipe is for frying in oil, which is amazing. I also use it for fried pickle chips. I tried this batter with chicken parts on my Weber after seeing the threads about kettle fried chicken and it turned out very tasty, but I will use more spice next time. Let me know if you like it!
Cheers,
Brian

You can imagine my surprise when I failed to see any tofu on that plate, even the tofu gravy recipe went unused, this confuses me. But, I can accept that, as the plate of food look excellent. Nicely done.

You can imagine my surprise when I failed to see any tofu on that plate, even the tofu gravy recipe went unused, this confuses me. But, I can accept that, as the plate of food look excellent. Nicely done.
That's why I used foil. I knew you were trying to get in my head.
tin+foil+hat+smiley.gif

Wow what a nice looking dish! But if it could be either a chicken fried steak or a burger could it not also be a sandwich? Love the foil tofu protectors on the potatoes! Great job!

Wow what a nice looking dish! But if it could be either a chicken fried steak or a burger could it not also be a sandwich? Love the foil tofu protectors on the potatoes! Great job!
Now that you mention it...this could make for a great sandwich!

Great job Chris. Did you take the foil off those potatoes? They look a little left leaning.

Back