Blues Hog Original vs Raspberry Chipotle

RayV

Found some matches.
Reaction score
Many years ago( around 2010) I was given a gift of Blues Hog BBQ sauce.

TsbTayT.jpg

We all liked it the few times we made ribs. We all agreed it tasted like Raspberry Chipotle. Now I see the sauce is called Blues Hog Original:

Original_Pint_1200x.png

And now I see Blues Hog has a Raspberry Chipotle sauce:

raz1web_900x.png

So my question is does the original sauce not taste like the sauce I got in 2010 if they now have a separate Raspberry Chipotle sauce?

I am looking for the same taste I got from this jar...

TsbTayT.jpg

Thanks

Ray

I like both, and they are a bit different. Not sure what you had 10 years ago. I’d say the the original is better than the Raspberry Chipotle for my taste. My favorite of theirs is the Tennessee Red. Now that’s a damn good sauce. You can mix Ten Red in with the others for another good sauce.

I've used Blues Hog varieties for over 10 years. Original has remained consistent in flavors.

Definite taste difference between Original (in your pictures) and Raspberry Chipotle. While the raspberry isn't overly pronounced, there are subtle hints of fruit, with loads of earthy flavors from the chipotle and cumin, with a hint of heat. It's awesome on wings!

For us we love both of them.

I personally taste a bit more fig ish flavor in the original
and in the raspberry I agree with IamMadMan above me.

I know Bill used to experiment with different variations and he often gave out samples for folks to try and give their opinions. He eventually came out with a limited run of Raspberry Chipotle. I could be possible that you got an early run before the proper labels were available. I know the Original is the same as it has always been with the exception being a problem with a co-packer for a short time a few years back.

I had a couple of the early jars of the Raspberry Chipotle but cannot tell you if they are the same as the latest version. Too much time in between

Robert

I recently mixed the Tennessee red with the raspberry chipotle.

Have to admit it was better than my own sauce.

So does the original being sold now still have a berry taste with a little bit of heat?

Back