The long wait on MAK

ss4825

Knows what a fatty is.
Reaction score
It's killing me waiting on my MAK to ship. I have stocked up the freezer and I'm ready to give it a good workout. In the meantime it's babybacks on the Weber kettle.

A month or so wait is nothing when you take into consideration the longevity of a MAK. A short wait for many Many MANY years of good eatin’ ain’t a bad trade off... :)

Easy for me to say as I’ll be firing up my MAK for a couple of meatloafs this evening and again for an overnight brisket cook for tomorrow’s lunch... lol.

Would it help if some of the MAK family Brethren posted pics allowing you to live vicariously though us til your baby arrives?

Patience is a virtue...

Naaa, actually patience is overrated!

I got the email yesterday too, I don't mind the wait because it must mean business is good which is a good thing. I would rather they take the needed time to do things right.

Having ordered more than 40 custom surfboards over the years has taught me patience when ordering things. Most would only take 6 to 8 weeks on average, had a couple take more than 6 months.

Yep, I know the feeling. I have a lot I want to cook, but I want to wait for the new Mak as I know I'll need to put it through it's paces and learn how she behaves, etc. All of my freezers are at max capacity. The one thing that's helped me the most, is that we've been putting in new floors. I figured if I get that done, then I'm free to ignore the house once the smoker gets in.

Still, I did a brisket for easter, chuck roast burnt ends yesterday and currently have pork shoulders and beans on.

Just talked to Fed Ex and my MAK 1 Star should be delivered to my home this Wednesday between 10 am and 4 pm. I would not be shocked if they don't deliver it that day but I am keeping my pellets crossed!

Back