MMMM.. BRISKET..
The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS.  

Our Homepage Donation to Forum Overhead Welocme Merchandise Associations Purchase Subscription Amazon Affiliate
Go Back   The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS. > Discussion Area > Q-talk

Notices

Q-talk *ON TOPIC ONLY* QUALITY ON TOPIC discussion of Backyard BBQ, grilling, equipment and outdoor cookin' . ** Other cooking techniques are welcomed for when your cookin' in the kitchen. Post your hints, tips, tricks & techniques, success, failures, but stay on topic and watch for that hijacking.

Old 07-23-2012, 10:04 PM   #136
RitchieA
Found some matches.

Any more news on when the firmware update for CyberQ Wifi will be out? I used the Wifi last weekend and the cyberQ II this past weekend and I still like the CyberQ II better due to the software and No dropes. Cant wait for the firmware update. Wright now my CyberQ wifi is just a great $300.00 paper weight.
RitchieA is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 07-24-2012, 11:29 AM   #137
appdesigngeeks
Got Wood.

Hi RitchieA,

I have been testing the beta firmware and I believe they will be releasing the GA version sometime this week.

They have seemed to fix the issue with the Wifi connection dropping. The webpages also load alot faster too.

Once the firmware goes GA I will post a link on the forum.
appdesigngeeks is offline   Reply With Quote

Thanks from:--->
Old 07-24-2012, 02:28 PM   #138
RitchieA
Found some matches.

Thanks for the info. I do not understand why They (Bqq Guru) let this controller go out whit these problems. I have two of the other controllers and love them. I don’t much care for the plastic case. I would have preferred metal case with an antenna and some software to go with it. Maybe after this firmware update we can look forward to some great software and I pad App. Thanks

Old 07-24-2012, 04:05 PM   #139
bobbytuck
Is lookin for wood to cook with.

I just ordered and received the CyberQ wifi. I noticed the instructions were for version 1.0 of the firmware but my CyberQ still had .8 installed.

I was able to set it up in ad hoc instantly -- will try to do the infrastructure with my router later this evening.

BTW -- is there a way to reset this thing to factory defaults in case I screw up the router config? I'm afraid of moving it from ad hoc to infrastructure and then discovering I can't communicate with it anymore. Can I reset it from the keypad?

(I had all about 10 minutes to look at it yesterday -- test the unit and fan -- but I haven't been able to spend much time with it. The web pages seem to come up very slow -- very annoying. I noticed that when I was browsing the config screens on my iPhone.)
bobbytuck is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 07-24-2012, 04:10 PM   #140
appdesigngeeks
Got Wood.

Yeah, but they have made some great improvements with the latest firmware, such as the ability to add a username and password so that random people cannot connect to the device.

I am currently working on an app for for iPhone and Android devices. Should have iPhone version done soon, had to wait for new firmware.

If you are interested see my previous post on page

http://www.bbq-brethren.com/forum/sh...=132610&page=6

scroll to the bottom to see some screen shots of the iPhone version
appdesigngeeks is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 07-24-2012, 04:31 PM   #141
RitchieA
Found some matches.

To reset CyberQ Wifi hold up+down+left+right for 5 to 10 sec. .. Looked at your iphone app. Looks Great can't wait.

Old 07-24-2012, 06:09 PM   #142
palmtreefrb
is one Smokin' Farker

I'm curious, how far is your controller from your wifi router? That could be a source of dropped connections. Also, walls can reduce the signal strength resulting in dropped connections as well. What do your other devices show as far as bar signal strength out by your CyberQ Wifi Controller?

Personally I have never had this behavior, but my wifi router displays full bars out by my CyberQ Wifi Controller.

Even with the firmware update you might need a wifi booster/range extender. There was another user that eliminated the drops by adding the booster/range extender.

Rick

Quote:
Originally Posted by RitchieA View Post
Any more news on when the firmware update for CyberQ Wifi will be out? I used the Wifi last weekend and the cyberQ II this past weekend and I still like the CyberQ II better due to the software and No dropes. Cant wait for the firmware update. Wright now my CyberQ wifi is just a great $300.00 paper weight.

Last edited by palmtreefrb; 07-24-2012 at 06:39 PM..
palmtreefrb is online now   Reply With Quote

Old 07-24-2012, 06:20 PM   #143
palmtreefrb
is one Smokin' Farker

Bobby,
The web page refresh and load is much quicker in the new firmware v1.0. The first and current version is v0.8 even though the guide says v1.0

We have been testing the new version for about a week now and found a few minor bugs that should be resolved soon.

My advice to all, copy down or better yet make screen shots of all your settings as the upgrade will reset your controller to the factory defaults and also back to adhoc mode.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobbytuck View Post
I just ordered and received the CyberQ wifi. I noticed the instructions were for version 1.0 of the firmware but my CyberQ still had .8 installed.

I was able to set it up in ad hoc instantly -- will try to do the infrastructure with my router later this evening.

BTW -- is there a way to reset this thing to factory defaults in case I screw up the router config? I'm afraid of moving it from ad hoc to infrastructure and then discovering I can't communicate with it anymore. Can I reset it from the keypad?

(I had all about 10 minutes to look at it yesterday -- test the unit and fan -- but I haven't been able to spend much time with it. The web pages seem to come up very slow -- very annoying. I noticed that when I was browsing the config screens on my iPhone.)

Last edited by palmtreefrb; 07-24-2012 at 06:45 PM..
palmtreefrb is online now   Reply With Quote

Old 07-28-2012, 08:46 PM   #144
bobbytuck
Is lookin for wood to cook with.

Any idea when this firmware will be released? I've got my CyberQ working in infrastructure -- accessible on my entire LAN via my Linksys -- and I *love* it.

palmtreefrb, I'm cooking a butt tonight -- putting it on at midnight -- and I'm using your fantastic app to track everything. Killer app -- I love it!
bobbytuck is offline   Reply With Quote

Thanks from:--->
Old 07-29-2012, 05:21 PM   #145
palmtreefrb
is one Smokin' Farker

Thanks...
All the firmware changes have been implemented and bugs have been fixed by the engineer. Very soon, just waiting for the green light.

This is somewhat of a major upgrade/change of the API so there will be breaking changes. The firmware upgrade will require an upgrade of my Windows controller and database. You will need to export all your cooks to Excel as the database will be replaced.

Rick

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobbytuck View Post
Any idea when this firmware will be released? I've got my CyberQ working in infrastructure -- accessible on my entire LAN via my Linksys -- and I *love* it.

palmtreefrb, I'm cooking a butt tonight -- putting it on at midnight -- and I'm using your fantastic app to track everything. Killer app -- I love it!

Old 07-29-2012, 05:29 PM   #146
Ron_L

Name/Nickname : Captain Ron

Hey Rick...

Have you tested you Windows app using Windows 7 running on VMWare on a Mac? I don't have any cooks planned right now but I was curious.

Can't wait for the iPhone app.

Naked Fatties Rock!

PKGo X 2/PK360/
Ron_L is online now   Reply With Quote

Old 07-29-2012, 05:56 PM   #147
palmtreefrb
is one Smokin' Farker

There is another user running it successfully on Mac using a Fusion VM running Windows 7. I don't have a Mac to test VMWare.

Yeah, I'm looking forward to the android version that Sean is working on.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ron_L View Post
Hey Rick...

Have you tested you Windows app using Windows 7 running on VMWare on a Mac? I don't have any cooks planned right now but I was curious.

Can't wait for the iPhone app.

Old 07-29-2012, 11:03 PM   #148
flashflood
Found some matches.

Quote:
Originally Posted by palmtreefrb View Post
Thanks...
All the firmware changes have been implemented and bugs have been fixed by the engineer. Very soon, just waiting for the green light.

This is somewhat of a major upgrade/change of the API so there will be breaking changes. The firmware upgrade will require an upgrade of my Windows controller and database. You will need to export all your cooks to Excel as the database will be replaced.

Rick
Dude, I would give a kidney for all.xml.

Last edited by flashflood; 07-30-2012 at 04:46 AM..
flashflood is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 07-30-2012, 08:39 AM   #149
palmtreefrb
is one Smokin' Farker

No need for that, there will be two additional xml interfaces in the next release...

12. Application Developer Information – XML Interfaces
In V1.0 and later the following .xml interfaces are provided for ease of interfacing to apps:
Status.xml – real-time updates of temp/time data.
all.xml - this is similar to status.xml but has more sensor info (names and setpoints). These values are not present in status.xml to keep the execution of status.xml low.
config.xml - this is similar to all.xml but adds all user configurable values.

Quote:
Originally Posted by flashflood View Post
Dude, I would give a kidney for all.xml.

Old 07-30-2012, 08:43 AM   #150
HKChad
Got Wood.

Quote:
Originally Posted by palmtreefrb View Post
No need for that, there will be two additional xml interfaces in the next release...

12. Application Developer Information – XML Interfaces
In V1.0 and later the following .xml interfaces are provided for ease of interfacing to apps:
Status.xml – real-time updates of temp/time data.
all.xml - this is similar to status.xml but has more sensor info (names and setpoints). These values are not present in status.xml to keep the execution of status.xml low.
config.xml - this is similar to all.xml but adds all user configurable values.
Sweet, that will make apps easier to build. Thanks for the update.
HKChad is offline   Reply With Quote