• working on DNS.. links may break temporarily.

Pizza Stone Question

Igotgas

is one Smokin' Farker
Reaction score
Can I use ANY pizza stone on my weber, or does it need to be a specific kind? What is everyone else using? I have cooked a few pizzas but the family and I are tired of the overdone (or underdone) crust. Thanks.

We have a Pampered Chef stone and a cheaper knock off.
I've only used the knock off on the kettle for pizza, but it worked great.

They both work the same in the oven, so I can't imagine it would be much different on the grill, but.....??

I use 6"x 6" quarry tiles in my UdS works great 79 cents each takes 7 to cover my grate

Just pre-heat the stone in the oven and then you are good to go on the Weber at a high heat.

The most important thing is to get an unglazed tile, and to be safe, try and find out where they are made and ensure there is no lead (be careful of some of the tiles coming out of Mexico and China).

you mention over done crust - I cook on an Egg and set it up with the platesetter, then the feet that come with the Egg, and the pizza stone on that so there is an air gap between the stone right above the fire and the stone I am cooking on. I found if I cooked just on the plate setter I chared the crust beyond recognition before the topings got done.
I have seen a lot of folks using tiles for doing pizza and it seems to work great for them - good luck and let us know hoe you make out.

I highly recommend this stone as it is designed specifically for use on a Weber kettle, plus it's rated up to 2300 degrees:

www.grilledpizzastone.com

I use it on my FrankenWeber Pizza kettle with fantastic results. I get stone temps around 750 and my pizzas cook in about 3 minutes. Here's a link if you're interested in learning more:

www.bbq-brethren.com/forum/showthread.php?t=99542

When I used to do pizza on the Weber kettle I used a 14" cast iron Lodge pizza pan, elevated above the grate using a couple of fire bricks. Pizzas turned out fine.

We also have the Pampered Chef and a 10.00 one as well. I really wish I could tell a difference but I can't.

Moose: That pizza stone loks cool. Does anyone know of a similar one that is completely round for a Lg BGE?

We also have the Pampered Chef and a 10.00 one as well. I really wish I could tell a difference but I can't.

Thanks for the tip. I have a Buddy who told me that there is no comparison between a cheapo and his Pampered Chef. Now i am going to buy the cheapo and prove him wrong:twisted:

Back