New WSM 22.5

williamj

Full Fledged Farker
Reaction score
Fed ex delivered my new wsm this morning and I can't wait for later today for my first cook which will be some chicken thighs. Right now I'm burning a bunch of coals and wood through it before my first cook. I know they say you can cook on it right out of the box, but after putting it together and my clothes and hands were pretty filthy I figured I would burn some of that off before putting any food on it.

Fed ex delivered my new wsm this morning and I can't wait for later today for my first cook which will be some chicken thighs. Right now I'm burning a bunch of coals and wood through it before my first cook. I know they say you can cook on it right out of the box, but after putting it together and my clothes and hands were pretty filthy I figured I would burn some of that off before putting any food on it.

He was an impostor, I've been home all day.

Congrats! I picked up a near new one with 2 bags of charcoal on craigslist yesterday for $250. Can't wait to get it fired up. Enjoy it!

I have two 18's and am jonesing bad for a 22. Don't post any pics,I am not sure I can take it ;)

have your new WSM's been coming w/ the new silicone grommet? wife told me I could get a 18 WSM and was wondering if I should wait until the new 2014's come out.

have your new WSM's been coming w/ the new silicone grommet? wife told me I could get a 18 WSM and was wondering if I should wait until the new 2014's come out.

Mine didn't come with the grommet . I will be adding one as a mod though. Wasn't a deal breaker for me

Back