That is GR8, N8man! Pancakes and sausage are yummy. This is a super variation.

Southern Smoker, sausage here comes with or without skin. A fattie is just a big skinless link.

Sort of a lame entry....but what the hell, havent posted one in a while and I happened to cook a fatty stuffed with roasted red peppers, pickled jalepenos, and fontina cheese.....dusted with yard bird

P1000336.jpg

Looks Mighty Good To Me!!!

Sort of a lame entry....but what the hell, havent posted one in a while and I happened to cook a fatty stuffed with roasted red peppers, pickled jalepenos, and fontina cheese.....dusted with yard bird

P1000336.jpg

I actually have an entry for this!!!!!

I then made me a snack using a Krispy Kreme Doughnut....
I present to you the Krispy Fatty, named by Brethren swibriun
Sweet_Fatty_Heaven_6.jpg

That looks "Sweet" (pun intended)

I've not ever tried one...as I have enough health problems, but;
there's a couple of restaurants here in Denver Co. that sell Cheeseburgers
on a donut.

Google makes them at their corporate office too. See pic below.

20080828-googleburgers.jpg

http://aht.seriouseats.com/archives/2008/08/look-googleburgers.html

Welcome to the land of the Midnight Sun. We arrived Wednesday to visit some friends and yesterday we had a BBQ . Today begins the midsummer celebration and it is typical to have a BBQ at a cottage. The stores naturally prepare for this event:

IMG_5769.jpg

We were a bit surprised to find this in the local market.

IMG_5793.jpg

For the BBQ we had some sausage and some salmon and also some chicken and pork steaks. Finnish and American BBQ styles blend together nicely.

IMG_5776.jpg

These were some tasty local sausages. Some things don't need translation.

IMG_5779.jpg

The meal is not complete without potatoes.

IMG_5764.jpg

These are much tastier than the ones we get, so more potatoes....

IMG_5765.jpg

We had way too much food for one grill.

IMG_5780.jpg

While the sausage cooked, our host cooked the salmon.

IMG_5781.jpg

Mmmmmm, grilled salmon.

IMG_5782.jpg

While everyone cooked, the girls played

IMG_5790.jpg

There was plenty of sausage

IMG_5787.jpg

and it was a lovely time for all.

IMG_5789.jpg

I think you can use this picture for the Throwdown

IMG_5785.jpg

What a great looking sausage party! This might be the only time I've ever said that. Careful with that squirrel hanging around. Looks a little familiar. Great job!

N8man ; Does Black cherry differ in taste compared to Normal cherry? I just happened to see some here but was hesitant to buy them.

How come we weren't invited? Oh, it is a few thousand miles away, guess we would have been a bit late...lovely vacation! Good eats too.:wink:

ecode, you may have been in the running for me, but you kept posting photos of some skinny ugly guy... just doesn't work for me! :p

What a great looking sausage party! This might be the only time I've ever said that. Careful with that squirrel hanging around. Looks a little familiar. Great job!

It's a squirrel, Al. They all look alike.

Cute kids. I think they look familiar.

:rolleyes:

N8man ; Does Black cherry differ in taste compared to Normal cherry? I just happened to see some here but was hesitant to buy them.

Black Cherry Wood is the only Cherry Species I have Smoked with so I don't
have a complete Point of Reference in regards to other Cherry Woods.
Perhaps a more Knowledgeable Brethren will step up and Enlighten us.

I submit to you, Brethren, the traditional South African sausage, Boerewors (farmers sausage). Beef and pork coarsely made with coriander, and eaten anywhere people gather as a boerewors roll. I have included home made tomato and onion relish which is also a staple at a South Afrian braai (aka bbq). Ryan

IMGP9965.JPbboerie.jpg

Back