Maverick ET-72?

Ag76

is Blowin Smoke!
Reaction score
My wife is making me go through all my bbq gadgets and spices and get rid of all that I don't use. In the process, I found a Maverick ET-72 in the box that I have never used.

Does anyone know if they are any good and if I should keep it?

What are you using for a thermometer?

If you have something better than the ET-72 you can sell it on the "For Sale" forum or even give it to a family member who follows you in your smoking activities.

My wife is making me go through all my bbq gadgets and spices and get rid of all that I don't use. In the process, I found a Maverick ET-72 in the box that I have never used.

Does anyone know if they are any good and if I should keep it?
I would say, "I'll get rid of one thing for each equivalent item you get rid of." Seems only fair, you live there too. Spices can be used in the kitchen, also.

What are you using for a thermometer?

If you have something better than the ET-72 you can sell it on the "For Sale" forum or even give it to a family member who follows you in your smoking activities.

I have several ThermoWorks thermometers, including a Thermopen, that I love. I ended up giving the ET-72 to my niece who is just getting into cooking her own Q. All she has is a gas grill right now, but we will get that taken care of this next year.

The 72 is as good as the 732, but the range is only about 30 feet under ideal conditions. They are all limited by the probes, which is their weak link in my opinion.

Makes a dandy pistol target, you aint used it you won't miss it, you start with one of them things and you get all up tight & OCD about your cook. SHOOT IT!

Got one thats over 5 years old and no complaints. Reads 211 in boiling water and 33 in ice water. Replaced probe a couple years ago because I burned up the original. Gives me about 75 feet in line of sight and the batteries have lasted forever. Only thing is I wish it had dual probes for meat and cooker.

Back