• working on DNS.. links may break temporarily.

SPECIAL - BBQ Brethren "Noobians vs. Veterans" Throwdown!!!

Official Entry.....Rustic Pork Spare Ribs...

Please to accept this, my most humble entry...Simple Pork Spare Ribs

basa_n_ribs1.jpg

Smoked over pecan shells and white oak on my Stubby DrumPit...

stubby_drumpit4.jpg

My rustic outdoor kitchen.....

outdoorsy_kitchen3.jpg

Quick Rain Guard....

rain_guard2.jpg

Sausages Done after 45 minutes @300*....

basa_done5.jpg

Ribs are coming along nicely......I cooked them hot and fast, around 300-350*.......

ribs7.jpg

Sauced them....

ribs_sauced8.jpg

Setting the sauce....

ribs_sauced9.jpg

My buddy Johnny Mack, a diabetic/amputee, enjoying a freshly trimmed and hot off the pit rib ....I try to get a hot meal into him whenever I can...

jmack_rib10.jpg

Please use this as the official photo entry....

jmack_rib11.jpg

Thanks!!!

Last edited:
my official entry for the noobs " bbq chicken!"

I love the chicken so I cooked one. :-D

brined the whole chicken and spatchcocked it

DSCF6675.jpg

used SM rubs :clap2:

DSCF6676.jpg

used my UDS at around 350

DSCF6678.jpg

DSCF6679.jpg

DSCF6680.jpg

grilled up some veggies

DSCF6685.jpg

here is the birdie all done

DSCF6688.jpg

please use the pic below for the entry

DSCF6696.jpg

My entry for the Veterans team...

About a 2 inches.. a little kosher salt..
IMG_1611.jpg

Into the Egg indirect for about 90 minutes..
IMG_1612.jpg

IMG_1614.jpg

126 internal...
IMG_1618.jpg

Time to pull it and crank up the heat...

IMG_1620.jpg

Kizmet keeping an eye on the steak..
IMG_1619.jpg

90 seconds per side...

IMG_1623.jpg

My dinner...

IMG_1628.jpg

Please use this one for voting...
IMG_1620.jpg

Viva les veterans!!!

This is my next volley agains the Noobians after the failed nuclear SPAM strike!

I started with a double barrel shot of Pork Butts from Sam's.

IMG_1680.jpg

I disarmed the firing pins and arranged the munitions.

IMG_1681.jpg

Then I ground them up.

IMG_1682.jpg

I added seasonings per the recipe on brother thirdeye's site for Italian Sausage, the one with the white wine and romano cheese.:thumb:

IMG_1684.jpg

Then I let the sausage rest overnight to store energy that will be unleashed on the noobs in a viscous manner...err...visious manner.

The next day I chopped up some onions to make the noobs cry and put them in some olive oil in one of my best rib boilers.

IMG_1685.jpg

After the onions heated for a bit I added some garlic, in case they might be vampires!:shocked:

IMG_1686.jpg

When the onions and garlic were good and translucent I added some seasonings and tomatoes to let that simmer all day. Give the noobs plenty of time to think about their impending doom.

IMG_1687.jpg

While that was simmering I grabbed some of the Italian Sausage I made the night before and arranged a bacon weave.

IMG_1688.jpg

I then grabbed assembled the cruise missile.

IMG_1689.jpg

I put the cruise missile in torpedo bay 1 with some pecan chunks for flavor.

IMG_1690.jpg

A bit later I went to check on the sauce and decided it was time to run it through the centrifuge to make it weapons grade.

IMG_1691.jpg

A little while later the cruise missile was launched!

IMG_1693.jpg

I had a slice out of the middle. That is a tasty sausage! If you haven't tried the recipe...what the fark are you waiting for?

IMG_1697.jpg

The carnage from the fatty was awesome.

IMG_1698.jpg

I jarred up half of the sauce to store for use later for peaceful purposes. Then I added the chopped fatty to the rest of the sauce and then that cook up for a while to get good and angry.

IMG_1699.jpg

The next day I started working on the plastic explosives.

IMG_1700.jpg

I let the dough rest for a half hour before rolling out to cut into the noodles.

IMG_1701.jpg

Then I took a half size aluminum pan to make a directed charge for ultimate destruction upon the noobian target, and put some meat sauce in the bottom.

IMG_1702.jpg

Then some parmesan cheese.

IMG_1703.jpg

Then a layer of noodles.

IMG_1704.jpg

Some Ricotta cheese. And not that wimpy skim crap either!:mad:

IMG_1705.jpg

Some mozzerella.

IMG_1706.jpg

More meat sauce.

IMG_1707.jpg

Parmesan.

IMG_1708.jpg

Noodles...you get the idea...

IMG_1709.jpg

After the last noodles layer was added, I topped it with more mozzerella and parmesan.

IMG_1710.jpg

I put that in torpedo bay 2 with Pecan chunks for smokey goodness at 325 for about an hour and a half, until it looked like this.

IMG_1711.jpg

After letting it rest a bit, the weapon was deployed.

IMG_1712.jpg

IMG_1713.jpg

IMG_1714.jpg

I made the plastic explosives a bit thick, but it was still a very effective attack!

Thanks for looking.

Do you have the same butcher N8 does? What a fine looking piece of meat. You have inspired me to go shopping, you're entry looks marvelous! Mmmmm.
Thanks Kathy -

I have an excellent butcher that I use for special occassions.

That steak was part of a rib roast I got from BJs Wholesale and cut down myself. A little elbow grease and a sharp knife are all you need.

Bigabyte, that is one magnificent lasagna. The pictures were fantastic and I love all the steps you covered with photos. I bet it tasted like an Italian grandmother's love. Sure put fire down Noobian holes...... and I'm kinda jealous. :redface:

This is another official entry on behalf of the noobian fleet. A little asian flavored dish to say farewell to summer as well as the sinking farkNOTs.

Started with some marinade for a flank steak that I let take a nap in the fridge for most of the day.

eda4yseh.jpg

I then started prepping the pasta dish that the flank steak would be served with. I usually make this pasta with chunks of chicken but decided to replace it with some beef this time around. Yes...pasta for my asian dish.

The Players:
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1347848000.103264.jpg

Veggies Prepped:
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1347848019.591005.jpg

Almonds Toasting:
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1347848054.660156.jpg

While I waited for the orzo to cook, I mixed another similar sauce to drizzle over the warm orzo once it came out.

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1347848805.181795.jpg

Mixed the orzo, water chestnuts, red bell pepper, toasted almonds, green onions, sugar snap peas, and sauce. After cooling down a bit, I let it cool out in the fridge all day even though it's just as good served warm.

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1347848830.672296.jpg

My Meat:

After pulling my meat out and patting it dry, I let it come up to room temperature before slapping it with some direct heat. After getting a little char on both sides, I moved it to the other side of the grill to finish it off.

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1347848991.180729.jpg

After a little rest the flank steak was sliced and laid to rest over a bed of the pasta with a light drizzle of sriracha. Please use the below photo as my entry.

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1347849130.994587.jpg

Last edited:
Another simple but devastating assault on the Noobian ...oh...where's their vessel?
There's just flotsam floating around?
Oh well, I'll fire at the stuff they be clinging to!
Arrrrrgh!
Rib eye on the bone, grilled it on the BSKeg and served it with a steamed kipfler potato with EVOO and butter and sea salt and pepper, same seasoning for the steak.

Ribeyegrill.jpg

Salad vinaigrette is 10 year balsamic + EVOO + dash of Dijon
Ribeyeplate.jpg

Thanks!

Didn't get all the pics I wanted (takes alot to get a goodone when your using a cell phone lol) had a tree top fall on the roof, power pole fall on the a fence at work :wacko: so been crazy.

but here it is 2 pork Tenderloins, both chipotle encrusted, one butterflied stuffed with Chirizo and cheese.

Go STEELERS!!
20120916161658290.jpg

20120916163041939.jpg

201209161638568.jpg

20120916164230598.jpg

20120916170123279.jpg

20120916170812718.jpg

2012091617561094.jpg

20120916181546828.jpg

20120916182803490.jpg

Invisibility cloak? Look, this isn't farking Harry Potter here, it's farking navel something or other or some such waterey Davey farking Jones sort of farking blow em up type farking chit...now blast em!

:rofl:

Invisibility cloak? Look, this isn't farking Harry Potter here, it's farking navel something or other or some such waterey Davey farking Jones sort of farking blow em up type farking chit...now blast em!

Sh!t Sir... Sorry Sir! Right Sir. I'll see if I can flush them out with the SUBS... They can't hide from Sonar Sir!

Back