SPECIAL - BBQ Brethren "Noobians vs. Veterans" Throwdown!!!

froglube-home-image-med.jpg

What the Fark! We're getting our arse whipped...thus far.

I'm holding back on exercising "The Nuclear Option" as I'm sure many other Vets are.

The stratergry is to absorb the first blows (as devastating as they have been) then unleash our full retaliation. We have time, WE do Have time.......

Please accecpt this as my second entry to this throw down.

I figured an early morning attack is in order here to start the shock n Awe campign.
I started building my bombs with a whole packer brisket (oh $0 donation to the cause)
View attachment 69105
Made an injection of beef base Soy sauce. Made a homemade rub of brown sugar chili powder, cumin, cyanne, garlic powder, and a few more spices.
View attachment 69106
Started the pit and got it to 250*
View attachment 69107
put it on and already looks good sitting there
View attachment 69108
checked it after about 3 hours still looking good
View attachment 69109
So we all waited..
View attachment 69110
ok enough waiting time to check the brisket
View attachment 69111
Alright it's done. time to make burnt ends
View attachment 69112
prepping the points a dusting of rub with half pan drippings and half homemade bbq sauce
View attachment 69113
had to bring out reinforcments to protect the burnt ends (the wife likes to taste test)
View attachment 69114
made some twice backed potatoes
View attachment 69115
sliced the brisket (man that's all I can say)
View attachment 69116
here is a pic for all the veterans that can't hold on to a beer can or beer bottle I have a sippy cup for you.
View attachment 69117
and for us noobians I have a nice cold one for us the celebrate victory
View attachment 69118
and finally the victory shot
View attachment 69119

Oh Boy!...Oh Boy!...It's Quitting Time....for the Vets, the Noobianites art taking over. Keep it up Griz, that was a great tasting cook.

Cap'n Moose, permission to return fire, SIR!!!

Launching twice-baked tater boats to protect the main weapon of choice, a maple-glazed pork roast:

IMG_2383.jpg

The maple-glaze contains a special incendiary ingredient, the infamous JD (recipe here). Let the Noobians gaze closely upon our weapon of doom.

IMG_2384.jpg

Let the counter-attack commence!

IMG_2398.jpg

Just to be on the safe side, lets use that last shot as an entry pic. Can't let those Noobians get to far ahead of us in the arms race...

Nice return Fire!:razz:

Right on!

Daaaannnnnnngggggggggggg. I want to be Rgrizz's neighbor.

Right on!!! Only thing is will he invite you over. If not, then you would be like the rest of his neighbors by just smelling the goodness and not part taking....Holy Fark!:mmph:

Well, this isn't an official entry, but I had some pron I needed to get out. I just want to let 'em know the Farkernauts are still alive.

I made some porchetta the other day. It started like this.

IMG_3313.jpg

Turned into this.

IMG_3013-1.jpg

Then this.

IMG_3025.jpg

A bunch of sandwiches happened, and then last night it turned into a grilled cheese panini with American cheese and hot cherry peppers, with a side of homemade tomato soup.

IMG_3316.jpg

:peace:

What is with all the unofficial entries? If it's cooked inside the open period throw it in. More than one entry is allowed per person on this one.

Sent from my SGH-i917 using Board Express

This will be the easiest vote thread ever since there aren't any official entries....

...that I can recall....

What was I talking about again?:confused:

This will be the easiest vote thread ever since there aren't any official entries....

...that I can recall....

What was I talking about again?:confused:
How bout post #594
Here I will refresh your memory (just shoot me when I become a vertern) oh wait this is my last TD as A noobi:doh:

and finally the victory shot
attachment.php

Why isn't this an official entry?

"Hey, I cooked something awesome, but I'm not entering it?"

CD :confused:

Well...um, i'm not sure exactly. It was awesome, but not in that I planned this as a TD entry kind of way. It seemed to make sense in my mind at the time. I'll make it up to you, promise.

Official TD Entry Peach Cobbler

The Noobian Armada is sailing silently through the night stalking its prey, the vaunted SS Farkanaut:

Radar Officer: "Captain, we've made radar contact with the SS Farkanaut. She's running due SSW at 15 knots off our starboard at a range of 5000 M."

Captain:"Has the Farkanaut detected our presence yet?"
Radar Officer: "Negative sir."
Captain: "Excellent. Fire Control, prepare a firing solution and fire the peach cobbler when ready."
Fire Control: "Aye, aye captain, preparing firing solution."

This weekend my wife and I visited the local farmers market where we picked up some beautiful local raspberries as well as some peaches, necatrines and apricots from a Yakima Valley family farm.
Fruit.jpg

It was in the mid 90's on Sunday and I didn't feel like cooking much so we ate a really light dinner of cold jerk chicken sandwiches with some leftover jerk chicken breast from earlier in the week. As the evening cooled off we were both in the mood for something sweet so I decided to whip up a quick stone fruit and raspberry cobbler. I whipped up a quick batter of self rising flour, sugar & milk and then filled two 2-cup ramikens about 1/3 full then layered in the fruit mixture which I had tossed with some honey and fresh ground cinnamon. (Sorry no prep pics) I then threw them on the Traeger at 350* for about 1-hour until the batter had risen and they were golden brown on top and topped them with some vanilla ice cream. The only way to describe them is to say that they tasted like the epitome of summer.

Voting pic
Entry.jpg

Fire Control: "Captain, the peach cobbler has scored a direct hit. Damage appears to be minimal.
Captain:"Thank you fire control, please ready the next volley. Crew, prepare to take return fire."
Radar Officer: "Captain, the Farkanaut is continuing on its current course"
Captain: "How very odd. Turn broadside and prepare to unleash hell."

Back