SPECIAL - BBQ Brethren "Noobians vs. Veterans" Throwdown!!!

View attachment 69036
Went and bought a branding iron and this is "The Final" product and Oh Great ones of the Brethren please use this as my Official Voting Pic.

Enjoy and eat your hearts out....we sure did!!!

Gee, none of you farkanauts cooked for me on my birthday. :mmph:

But then again, I didn't cook for you either. :becky:

CD

I like this idea, but if one side has more entries than the other it could lead to an unfair advantage to the other side. We could equalize it if all participants got 2 votes and one had to be placed for each team. This may be far more complicated than necessary. Thoughts?

Well, by definition, throwdown noobs out number us by about 10,000 to 1 among the brethren. But, the number of throwdown noobs who will wander in here to enter, or even vote, is hard to predict, but I don't expect it to be overwhelming.

The throwdown forum has, overall, a limited following when you consider how many brethren there are.

Plus, a small percentage of entries are going to get the majority of the votes, based on throwdown history.

So, I don't see any need to complicate matters, other than to fark with bigibyte.

Hmmmm, maybe we should complicate this. :heh:

CD

I feel sorry for Biga when he has to create the vote thread for this one ... I've been somewhat following this thread and found myself 10+ pages back :doh:

I think everything so far has been nothing but unofficial entries. We'll be lucky to have a vote thread at all unless some official entries start coming in.

So, I don't see any need to complicate matters, other than to fark with bigibyte.

Hmmmm, maybe we should complicate this. :heh:

CD

I concur. And in that train of thought, I think each vote should count 1.5 times for the entry it was submitted for, 1 time for the corresponding entry number for the other team and 3/4 of a vote for the next chronological entry in the thread.

Not sure what you mean

Team NOOB checking in here. This is my first throwdown entry ever, and will be very apparent with the picture quality. That being said, my Mom always told me that I should have been a door gunner on a space ship, so Ive got a job here, me thinks.

As a proper Noob, I started in the proper place. Ribs and Chicken. Started the night prior with 3 racks of Spares dropped in a marinade. Let them soak it up for about 6 hours

Next, ribs were rubbed up, wrapped in aluminum foil, and stuck in the fridge overnight

Next morning, fired up the WSM at 275 with standard Kingsford Blue, and some cherry wood, unwrapped the ribs, and threw them on for 3 hours

Pulled them at 3 hours, wrapped them in foil, little apple juice went in with them.. They looked to be in a sad state. After foiling them, I threw the chicken on the bottom rack.

2 hours later, pulled the foilies off of the smoker, and unwrapped them. Sauced the chicken, glazed the ribs, waited 20 minutes or so, and pulled the chicken. Came out not too bad

Pulled the ribs after a bit letting the glaze set. They came out ok. Need some work, but I'm new. Have less than 15 cooks under my belt.

And out comes my noob. Plating. Just glad it tasted way better than it was presented. You get the jist though. I hope! FARK.

And here is to hoping I dont go goose eggs on the votes!:shock:

I should think not, that was an outstanding display especially for the first TD. Welcome to the Brethren of Noobianism.
PYGBOYZ

This is my official entry ( unless of course I change it later)

I think this represents the old farts club perfectly! Yeast rising
IMG_1407.jpg

All great attacks start with an onion tomato, garlic, ginger, spice bomb
IMG_1414.jpg

the chicken
IMG_1417.jpg

The intimidation shot
IMG_1419.jpg

raisin the roof on this mutha!
IMG_1423.jpg

ain't no thang but a chicken wang
IMG_1424.jpg

IMG_1428.jpg

IMG_1429.jpg

IMG_1430.jpg

BOOM! Candycane muthafarker!
IMG_1432.jpg

IMG_1433.jpg

IMG_1436.jpg

You can stop. You can drop. Fark, you can even roll. It don't matter what you do. The FNA is coming for you.

Is there enough Brethren out there that have or will not enter? The most fair way, is to urge the portion of the Brethren that do not submit entries to vote, if that is possible. Admin/Moderators is this possible?? Thoughts.

Nothing wrong with posting a thread in Q-Talk (or most other threads) letting folks know about a TD vote.

A lot of visitors on any given day who are not eligible to vote unless they are registered on the site may be encouraged to join.

This is my official entry ( unless of course I change it later)

I think this represents the old farts club perfectly! Yeast rising
IMG_1407.jpg

All great attacks start with an onion tomato, garlic, ginger, spice bomb
IMG_1414.jpg

the chicken
IMG_1417.jpg

The intimidation shot
IMG_1419.jpg

raisin the roof on this mutha!
IMG_1423.jpg

ain't no thang but a chicken wang
IMG_1424.jpg

IMG_1428.jpg

IMG_1429.jpg

IMG_1430.jpg

BOOM! Candycane muthafarker!
IMG_1432.jpg

IMG_1433.jpg

IMG_1436.jpg

You can stop. You can drop. Fark, you can even roll. It don't matter what you do. The FNA is coming for you.

Very nice.

offical entery #2

Please accecpt this as my second entry to this throw down.

I figured an early morning attack is in order here to start the shock n Awe campign.
I started building my bombs with a whole packer brisket (oh $0 donation to the cause)
SANY0275.jpg
Made an injection of beef base Soy sauce. Made a homemade rub of brown sugar chili powder, cumin, cyanne, garlic powder, and a few more spices.
SANY0286.jpg
Started the pit and got it to 250*
SANY0287.jpg
put it on and already looks good sitting there
SANY0288.jpg
checked it after about 3 hours still looking good
SANY0003.jpg
So we all waited..
SANY0008-1.jpg
ok enough waiting time to check the brisket
SANY0011-1.jpg
Alright it's done. time to make burnt ends
SANY0013-1.jpg
prepping the points a dusting of rub with half pan drippings and half homemade bbq sauce
SANY0015-1.jpg
had to bring out reinforcments to protect the burnt ends (the wife likes to taste test)
SANY0019-1.jpg
made some twice backed potatoes
SANY0028-1.jpg
sliced the brisket (man that's all I can say)
SANY0026-1.jpg
here is a pic for all the veterans that can't hold on to a beer can or beer bottle I have a sippy cup for you.
SANY0029.jpg
and for us noobians I have a nice cold one for us the celebrate victory
SANY0030.jpg
and finally the victory shot
SANY0031.jpg

Back