SPECIAL - BBQ Brethren "Noobians vs. Veterans" Throwdown!!!

While I'm hot, I submit my entry to help my Noobian Brethren!
A small Sunday packer ~10lbs
22.5 WSM / 250 deg to 160 internal /pan and wrap till 200 / vent 15 minutes and rest in the cooler for 3 hours.

Glad to part of the rising Empire! :grin:

IMG_2338.JPG

Hey Kathy, great looking Big Mac. Made me think about when I used to eat them. Bigger patties, no third bun, and another piece of cheese on mine, please!

Nice job and welcome to the team of the NOOBIANS......we must Unite.

Well this is my first attempt at a TD.
My wife was in the moodfor Mexican food. So first we picked fresh veggies from the garden.

View attachment 68970

View attachment 68971

Then we prepped them.

View attachment 68972

Add a little olive oil and salt and garlic.
View attachment 68973

I also made basmati rice and add some black rice.

View attachment 68974

Now to the meat. Marinated in my mom's secret recipe.

View attachment 68975

Put on the grill. We were night grilling.
View attachment 68976
View attachment 68977

Now the moment you have all been waiting for. I call it the Grimm reaper cuz it's a old farkanaut destroyer lol.
Captain permission to fire!
Boom. :eek:
View attachment 68978

Direct hit! Look at them run for cover. :cool:

Sent from my HTC VLE_U using Tapatalk 2

Please accept this as my official entry for now.

Started with a picnic shoulder on sale at Food Lion.
DSCN0105.jpg

Rubbed down with some Emeril Southwest Essence.
DSCN0120.jpg

Chugging along at 275`
DSCN0116.jpg

Coming along nicely. Had to do some burgers as the hog was for the next day.
DSCN0124.jpg

Took off the Weber at around 185. Rested in cooler for one hour. Chunked, sauced, and in the fridge for the night.
DSCN0148.jpg

Sunday morning I made some stuffies.
DSCN0154.jpg

DSCN0155.jpg

Very slowly brought the pork up to serving temps in a dutch oven, shredded and sauced. Like so.
DSCN0163.jpg

Plated with a side of potato salad and baked beans.
DSCN0166.jpg

photo.png

Glad to be able to help my fellow Farkenaughts put down this little Nubile insurrection.

Noobians Unite

Okay take this tribute to a Veteran of the Brethren as an "Official Entry", I only planned to do this after his urging. The Vets must me running scared.
Here we go started with two London Broils marinated for two days two different sauces, the darker one was Worchestershire, Thomas Marinade and some Teriyaki. The lighter colored is a mystery to me as well.
View attachment 69029
The start of a great tribute, Zucchini, Squash, Radishes, Mangos, Broccoli, and Cherry Tomatoes.
View attachment 69030
Now add the Chives, Anaheim Peppers, Kiwi's all cut in fancy ways all for the tribute to a seasoned Brethren.
View attachment 69031
Cooking of the sides in action. Olive Oil, Cajun Seasoning and Lemon Pepper. Did you know Anaheims loose their heat after a good grilling and have a fantastic flavor remaining?
View attachment 69032
The Meat is a burning!
View attachment 69033
The tools of the trade.
View attachment 69034
To My Brethren "BigBlock"!!!
View attachment 69035
Tribute continues
View attachment 69036
Went and bought a branding iron and this is "The Final" product and Oh Great ones of the Brethren please use this as my Official Voting Pic.

Enjoy and eat your hearts out....we sure did!!!

Last edited by a moderator:
Just throwing this out here for THIS particular TD.

What If the vets are only allowed to vote for the Noob entries and vice verse? Then let the rest of the Brethren decide.

Hope I don't have to walk the plank for Mutiny though.

Arrrrrgh!

I like this idea, but if one side has more entries than the other it could lead to an unfair advantage to the other side. We could equalize it if all participants got 2 votes and one had to be placed for each team. This may be far more complicated than necessary. Thoughts?

Voting Rules

Is there enough Brethren out there that have or will not enter? The most fair way, is to urge the portion of the Brethren that do not submit entries to vote, if that is possible. Admin/Moderators is this possible?? Thoughts.

Okay take this tribute to a Veteran of the Brethren as an "Official Entry", I only planned to do this after his urging. The Vets must me running scared.
Here we go started with two London Broils marinated for two days two different sauces, the darker one was Worchestershire, Thomas Marinade and some Teriyaki. The lighter colored is a mystery to me as well.
View attachment 69029
The start of a great tribute, Zucchini, Squash, Radishes, Mangos, Broccoli, and Cherry Tomatoes.
View attachment 69030
Now add the Chives, Anaheim Peppers, Kiwi's all cut in fancy ways all for the tribute to a seasoned Brethren.
View attachment 69031
Cooking of the sides in action. Olive Oil, Cajun Seasoning and Lemon Pepper. Did you know Anaheims loose their heat after a good grilling and have a fantastic flavor remaining?
View attachment 69032
The Meat is a burning!
View attachment 69033
The tools of the trade.
View attachment 69034
To My Brethren "BigBlock"!!!
View attachment 69035
Tribute continues
View attachment 69036
Went and bought a branding iron and this is "The Final" product and Oh Great ones of the Brethren please use this as my Official Voting Pic.

Enjoy and eat your hearts out....we sure did!!!

WOW!
images

Team NOOB checking in here. This is my first throwdown entry ever, and will be very apparent with the picture quality. That being said, my Mom always told me that I should have been a door gunner on a space ship, so Ive got a job here, me thinks.

As a proper Noob, I started in the proper place. Ribs and Chicken. Started the night prior with 3 racks of Spares dropped in a marinade. Let them soak it up for about 6 hours
photo3-1.jpg

Next, ribs were rubbed up, wrapped in aluminum foil, and stuck in the fridge overnight
photo10.jpg

Next morning, fired up the WSM at 275 with standard Kingsford Blue, and some cherry wood, unwrapped the ribs, and threw them on for 3 hours

DSC_0131.jpg

Pulled them at 3 hours, wrapped them in foil, little apple juice went in with them.. They looked to be in a sad state. After foiling them, I threw the chicken on the bottom rack.
photo-2.jpg

2 hours later, pulled the foilies off of the smoker, and unwrapped them. Sauced the chicken, glazed the ribs, waited 20 minutes or so, and pulled the chicken. Came out not too bad
DSC_0145.jpg

Pulled the ribs after a bit letting the glaze set. They came out ok. Need some work, but I'm new. Have less than 15 cooks under my belt.

DSC_0157.jpg

DSC_0154.jpg

DSC_0138.jpg

DSC_0162.jpg

DSC_0163.jpg

And out comes my noob. Plating. Just glad it tasted way better than it was presented. You get the jist though. I hope! FARK.

DSC_0166.jpg

And here is to hoping I dont go goose eggs on the votes!:shock:

Back