MMMM.. BRISKET..
The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS.  

Our Homepage Donation to Forum Overhead Welocme Merchandise Associations Purchase Subscription
Go Back   The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS. > Discussion Area > Q-talk > BBQ Brethren Throwdowns

Notices

BBQ Brethren Throwdowns Join us in the backyard for a fun bi-weekly photo contest and show off your BBQ creations! New categories are posted every other week, plus a special monthly category. Winners earn bragging rights, a Throwdown Certificate, prizes, and the chance to choose the next category. Some of our most talked about cooking techniques and recipes were given birth in the Throwdowns!

Old 07-26-2012, 11:31 PM   #166
MS2SB
is One Chatty Farker

Please accept the following as my official Sandwich TD entry

Tonight I made steak and mushroom sandwiches.

Started with some thin sliced eye of round, seasoned with my beef rub (K salt, coarse pepper, cumin, cayenne)
Meat.jpg

Then onto a screaming hot grill for about 45 seconds/side
IMG_6731.jpg

Pulled and then chopped
Chopped.jpg

Then onto a nice soft roll with some smoked provolone
Cheesed.jpg

Followed by the meat and some sauteed mushrooms and onions
Built.jpg

Wrapped them in foil and back onto the grill to get them nice and melty!
(Please use this as my voting photo)
Done.jpg
[B]Original Noobian Warlord
[/B]Loser of Known Space
MS2SB is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 07-27-2012, 06:21 AM   #167
Al Czervik
somebody shut me the fark up.

Name/Nickname : Scott/Mongo

Looks mighty tasty... With you being from Bothell and all, those aren't Liberty Cap shrooms are they?
(='.'=) Avatar by Chalupa
(")_(")
Al Czervik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2012, 10:47 AM   #168
MS2SB
is One Chatty Farker

^^^ Don't believe I've enjoyed any of those since my days in Pullman.
[B]Original Noobian Warlord
[/B]Loser of Known Space
MS2SB is offline   Reply With Quote
Thanks from:--->
Old 07-27-2012, 02:10 PM   #169
Kathy's Smokin'
Babbling Farker

Tasty lookin' entries!

Bucc - so glad you posted the link to your cook -- the photo with the finished shoulder and sauce you made is gorgeous -- interesting about the star anise, I like it -- the sammie looks like heaven on a bun

Arg1129 -- you got me with the sourdough covered in brie with carmelized onion and granny smith apple -- and smoked tenderloin -- sweet baby cheeses, that sammie was made for me

Smoothsmoke -- beautiful arepas -- thanks for the recipe, I do gluten-free about 90% of the time and would love to be able to these. Have you ever made them with corn meal that's not precooked? The sandwiches look full of flavour and the pork is gorgeous.

PYGBOYZ -- I'm not a fish eater but wow, you made those fillets look good, even to me! The piled high sandwich is outstanding.

MS2SB -- beautiful steak, mushroom, onion and smoked provolone sammies, looks really delicious and juicy, I wish I had one now.
[URL="http://www.bbq-brethren.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=86"][I][B]Inspiration, boisterous merriment and good food are what Brethren Throwdowns are about![/B][/I][/URL]

[B][I][COLOR="DarkSlateGray"]Walk in beauty, Dan Chambers.[/COLOR][/I][/B]
[B][COLOR="DarkRed"]I am a success in life because I am loved.[/COLOR][/B]
[COLOR="Lime"][I][B]"^^^ the fark is what u eats the frog wit not? Ban Ban"[/B][/I] [I][B]Southernsmoker[/B][/I][/COLOR]
Kathy's Smokin' is offline   Reply With Quote
Thanks from: --->
Old 07-27-2012, 04:25 PM   #170
fingerlickin'
Quintessential Chatty Farker

Note to the Czar:

It seems as if I've run out of time to make my second, and far superior entry into this throwdown. Vacation is getting in the way, it could be worse. Please use the farking chicken sandwich as my one and only entry.

Thank you

"I can get a good look at a T-bone by sticking my head up a bull's a$$, but I'd rather take a butcher's word for it". - [I]Tommy Callahan III[/I][/COLOR][/COLOR]
[B][SIZE=2][COLOR=DarkGreen][SIZE=3][SIZE=2][COLOR=Black]
[/COLOR][/SIZE] [SIZE=2][COLOR=Black]Backwoods Ext. Party,[/COLOR][/SIZE][/SIZE][/COLOR][/SIZE][COLOR=DarkGreen] [COLOR=Black]Vision Kamado,[/COLOR][/COLOR][/B][B][COLOR=DarkGreen][COLOR=DarkGreen][B][COLOR=Black] 22" WSM[/COLOR][/B],[/COLOR] 22.5 Weber OTS, [/COLOR][/B][COLOR=DarkGreen][B]Mini WSM, [/B][COLOR=Red][B] UDS "No.8"[/B][/COLOR][/COLOR]

[COLOR=Teal] [COLOR=Black][B][COLOR=DarkSlateGray]Napkin Killers BBQ[/COLOR]
[/B][/COLOR][/COLOR]
fingerlickin' is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2012, 08:58 PM   #171
High Q
is one Smokin' Farker

official entry

My sandwich entry is the Cajun Hungerbuster. I took boudin (pork and rice sausage) out of the casing, made a patty out of it, grill fried it in butter in a cast iron skillet. To compliment the boudin, I marinated gulf shrimp in a jalapeno jelly glaze seasoned with cayenne, salt and pepper.

The sandwich is built on a butter toasted, grilled onion bun. I tossed some chopped lettuce in remoulade (mayo, horseradish, Tabasco, a touch of ketchup, grilled chopped onions) for the base. Put down the boudin pattie, fresh cut tomatoes and the grilled shrimp.

Grill shot

Sandwich shot

Sorry for the poor quality pictures.
"Houston is a wretched little town composed of about twenty shops, and a hundred huts, dispersed here and there, among trunks of felled trees. It is infested with methodists and ants." -Emmanuel Domenech, Catholic Missionary, 1848
High Q is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2012, 09:12 PM   #172
Happy Hapgood

Name/Nickname : Mike

Dude! You've got Shrimps! Great Entry! That so called "rice sausage" is called Boudin!
Wife LuzziAnn 1956 model.
Ink Bird IBBQ 4T Wi-Fi Temp Monitor, Superfast LSU Purple Thermapen & ThermaPop, Party Q
Ink Bird Sous Vide, HF Flame Thower

My Motto these days is "Low Stress, Low Drag".

The Artist Formally Known as Toast

Happy Hapgood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2012, 03:45 AM   #173
Al Czervik

In case anyone else besides me was wondering, here's what we have so far...

No wait... That was last TD.

I knew there were some great ones, but seeing them all together like this is mind blowing. Please keep them coming.
(")_(")
Old 07-28-2012, 07:18 AM   #174
Bluesman
Babbling Farker

Name/Nickname : Jon

You missed some entries AL
2010 Brick Red Touch n' Go Performer
Kitchen stove
Bluesman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2012, 08:02 AM   #175
Al Czervik

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bluesman View Post
You missed some (one) entries AL
My bad... No slight intended. If I recall from 1:45 am, your pic was not fully loaded on the screen when I copied it and it obviously didn't load when I pasted it.

(")_(")
Old 07-28-2012, 09:09 AM   #176
Kathy's Smokin'
Babbling Farker

Default This is my official entry into the "Sandwich" TD.

My official entry into the Sandwich Throwdown is called "This Farker's McRib".

Ribs were on sale at No Frills, only $1.88/lb. -- not as meaty at that price but hey, they're definitely more meaty than Mickey D's version. Spiced them simply with the Fiery Grill's "Fiery Spice" rub and granulated garlic.

Ribs spent a few hours in Dragona which ended up being a little too much time. The amazing thing that created was a rib crust in spots similar to the texture of what I've been seeing and salivating for in the burnt ends photo entries. The crunch and taste in the overdone sections were off the charts. Can't wait to make burnt ends now.

While the ribs were resting got grilling the veg portion. A zucchini (from Uncle George's garden that my mom forgot at our place) doused with toasted sesame oil, black pepper, sea salt, paprika and onion powder. The tomato was cut in half with seeds removed, filled with Parmigiana Reggiano, Greek oregano and balsamic vinegar.

Time to debone the rib sections for the sandwich. Sliced a top flat off, knife went through like buttah. Raffy's going to enjoy the trimmings!

Spent some time online looking at McRibs and decided on this approach. Sweet Baby Rae's BBQ sauce, sweet pickles, chopped raw sweet onion and white buns from the store. Had to do the plain white buns in keeping with a Ronald's style McRib.

Put the flaps of rib back together, sauced them and laid them on the bun. Sprinkling of sweet onion pieces. Generous additions of thick sweet pickles and we're ready for glamour shots!

Please use the photo directly below for the voting thread. Funny thing, after taking the first few pictures I discovered my camera has been set to take standard detail for every TD entry I've made, not fine detail. Aarrgghh!!! Changed it and was amazed at the detail that came out in the photo below. Haven't found my tripod yet, just took it trying to stay very still. I hope by next TD I'll have figured out how to take manual photos. For now, I really like how this voting photo turned out.

This sandwich was so delicious it captivated my attention for hours after eating it -- I just couldn't get it out of my head. And there's enough ribs left for two more rounds! McDonald's is selling themselves and their customers short, "This Farker's McRib" blows them off the planet. This ain't Ronald's sandwich!

The grilled tomatoes had fantastic flavour, never done them like that before but sure will again. Thanks for watching!
[URL="http://www.bbq-brethren.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=86"][I][B]Inspiration, boisterous merriment and good food are what Brethren Throwdowns are about![/B][/I][/URL]

[COLOR="Lime"][I][B]"^^^ the fark is what u eats the frog wit not? Ban Ban"[/B][/I] [I][B]Southernsmoker[/B][/I][/COLOR]
Old 07-28-2012, 09:25 AM   #177
PYGBOYZ
On the road to being a farker

Default Sammys

There a lot of great sammys out there this one will be hard to vote to on.
PYGBOYZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2012, 09:33 AM   #178
Al Czervik

(")_(")
Old 07-28-2012, 09:34 AM   #179
Kathy's Smokin'
Babbling Farker

Bluesman -- terrific looking sandwich, I love the different grilled savoury meats and the pickle/cheese/pepper toppings piled high look deliciously complimentary

High Q -- another terrific looking piled high sandwich, love the grill marks all over, looks really flavourful, your photos certainly got that across

Old 07-28-2012, 09:38 AM   #180
Elrik
On the road to being a farker

That close up shot is outrageous Kathy! Great entry. If only mickey d's sammy was 10% of yours it would be a blockbuster.
Elrik is offline   Reply With Quote