• working on DNS.. links may break temporarily.

Speaking of Pepper Stout Beef

DerHusker

Babbling Farker
Reaction score
After seeing a few Pulled Beef and Pepper Stout Beef post I wanted some but my freezer was devoid of any leftovers from previous cooks. This situation could not stand so I cooked up a new batch. Lucky for me Chuck was on sale.

Ingredients:

Rubbed.

Wrapped.

Smoking.

Veggies.

Chopped.

Chuck is ready.

On the veggies.

Covered and back on the grill.

Pulled.

Yum! I portioned this up and will use some for burritos soon. The rest made their way into the freezer. :thumb:

That looks FANTASTIC!!!

That's on the menu for this weekend now!

Here's the recipe I use in case anyone wants it.

Ingredients:

Meat:
3 to 4 lbs. of good quality Chuck Roast
Hot sauce (I used Tapatio)
Steak Seasoning (I used Kirkland)
Ground coriander
Ground chipotle pepper

Veggies & Broth:
Two green bell peppers (Chopped)
One red bell peppers (Chopped)
One yellow bell peppers (Chopped)
1 large red onion (Chopped)
1 large brown or yellow onion (Chopped)
1 large jalapeño (Diced)
1/4 cup of Worcestershire sauce
12 oz. of Guinness Extra Stout (or any good dark beer)

Directions:
Take meat and Sprinkle with hot sauce and rubbed down for even coverage. Now rub with steak seasoning, ground coriander and chipotle pepper for even coverage and to taste. Wrap up in plastic wrap and let rest in the fridge a minimum of 4 hours. (8 is better) Once rested, set up your kamado for indirect cooking and preheat to 250. Add a chunk of your favorite smoke wood and place meat on grill. Let it cook until the I.T. is 165 degrees. While the meat is cooking, cut up your veggies and place them in an aluminum chafing pan. Pour the Worcestershire sauce and the beer over the veggies. (You can add more chipotle powder to the veggies if you like) Once the meat I.T. has reached 165, remove it from the grill and place it in the pan on top of the veggies and tightly cover with aluminum foil. Return the chafing pan to your kamado and bump up the temperature to 325 to 350. Cook this until the meat I.T. has reached 210 degrees. Now remove the chafing pan from the kamado and remove the foil. Do a loose pull of the meat being very careful not to splash the hot liquid on yourself. Once you’re done pulling return the chafing pan to the kamado to reduce the liquid to your desired level. (I like mine fairly thick) Once the liquid reaches your desired level remove it from the kamado. Pull any larger pieces of meat to your desired size and it’s ready to use. (Step by step pictures of this process are below)

I originally posted this cook as Chucky’s Nightmare. I have decided to post it as a recipe as well. I got the inspiration for this from “The Wolfe Pit” but since I wanted mine for Tacos I switched up a few ingredients.

I have a couple problems with this post...

I'm not eating any of that great PSB... I also don't have any in the freezer. I need to resolve this. Soon...

:mrgreen:

Did some PSB tonight. First time doing it. For some reason the meat just didn't want to pull apart. Had it on the UDS at an IT of 165. Put into chafing tray with veggies and a bottle of Guinness. Wrapped in foil, cranked it up and pulled the chuck at an IT of 210*. The meat didn't feel done at 200 so I let it go. Not sure what the deal was. I wrapped in foil and let it set for about 45 mins until I was satisfied with the veggies that were still cooking. When it came time to shred or pull apart it was like tearing and very tough. My last 3 chucks I did pulled apart pretty good. This one had been sitting in the freezer, vac sealed since mid/late November. Either way once it was pulled into small bite size chunks and mixed with the veggies, served over mashed taters, it was pretty damn good!
4b59f010826ad0c8066c184b908edfc1.jpg

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

Back