Reheating Brisket

Airdale

Found some matches.
Reaction score
So I've been reading some of the other posts and found some good info on pulled pork. Was wondering yalls thoughts on brisket. My daughter's birthday is coming up and was thinking about doing around 30lbs of brisket. Trying to avoid a 2am start for cooking the of and just doing it prior.

Any thoughts or methods would be much appreciated.

I subscribe to the "make it fresh the day of the event" theory but a buddy of mine has asked me to provide pre-cooked brisket so he can warm it up a week later for a family get-together.

I was a little suspect at first if the quality would hold up but he swears it tastes just like it was off the smoker.

Basically, cook the brisket as you normally would. After resting, wrap it up tight in some foil and put it in a container for freezing. Toss it in the freezer. On the day of the event, pull it out and while whole and still wrapped, put it in the oven and let it come up to temp. It'll retain all that moisture. Once back up to a safe temp, rest, slice, enjoy.

Another option, if you have one available, is to vacuum-seal the whole brisket. Then you can sous-vide it in a pot of boiling water when its time.

Another option, if you have one available, is to vacuum-seal the whole brisket. Then you can sous-vide it in a pot of boiling water when its time.

This. I would just ensure and use the vacuum sealer on the gentle setting so that the brisket doesn't get crushed.

I've heard of people reheating brisket on an open flame wrapped in foil. Turning it often to try and keep it evenly heated but never seen it or tasted it so not really sure how good that method works out. Has anyone else seen this done?

We're doing the kiddos birthday party at a park a little ways from the house so i was hoping this was a viable option but i refuse to sever subpar brisket to 90 some odd people!

I can't really cook it a couple days before cause I'm stuck at work, can only do the night before. Can do the weekend before though.

Thanks again for all the good info yall

Slice it after it rest food saver it 1 lbs bags put it on ice to chill it down to 40deg or lower
when u warm it up get some water simmering and put the bag in there for 15 to 20 min
cut bag open and serve. unless you have a blast chiller you cant chill a whole brisket in the safe amount of time to chill it or freeze it

You can cook it the week before no problem. I would not slice it prior. That's merely a technique to either save space our speed up the warming process.

Thanks for all the advice yall. Think I'm going to the cook this weekend and freeze it like reignman suggested. Wish me luck! Never cooked in advance just the day of so I'd be a liar if I said I wasn't a little nervous about it.

Thanks for all the advice yall. Think I'm going to the cook this weekend and freeze it like reignman suggested. Wish me luck! Never cooked in advance just the day of so I'd be a liar if I said I wasn't a little nervous about it.

Best of luck with it! We've all been there at one point in time....its just like most things with bbq....just trust it. :)

I would separate the point & flat before freezing, make your burnt ends, then freeze them separately from the flat.

That's brilliant if you have a busy schedule before an event!
My daughter wound getting sick so we rescheduled her party. Now the food has to sit in the freezer for another two weeks. Pulled the smallest brisket out and am heating it up right now. Couldn't stand not knowing how it turned out how reheating affected the taste.

Fingers crossed it comes out good. I'll have to snap some pictures.

Back