business cards

bobaftt

is one Smokin' Farker
Reaction score
I got caught with my pants down at the last event we cooked for (first event for us) when I was asked for a card. What do you guys think of this card design?

livepreviewaspx.jpg

A lot of guys use this design from Vista Print, check your local guys to see if anyone else is using the flaming pig.

I had the same one from Vista Print. Looks good!

Seen the logo and heard the tagline before - a relative "heavy hitter" on the circuit in this area (and on the forum) comes to mind and I'm sure I've seen it other places as well.

Not to nit pick, but it should read "Life's too short to eat bad BBQ". You forgot an "o" in the first "to".
This will be a first impression, so you will want everything (spelling and grammar) to be correct.

I'm sure I'll get flamed for this, but it costs next to nothing to register a domain name like sceniccitybbq.com. Then head over to zoneedit.com and register for a free account and you can then set mail forwarding to send craigsmith@sceniccitybbq.com to what ever email address you want. I find having a proper email addy with the company name in it works better then a generic gmail.com or hotmail.com address.

Not overly complicated and if you like, send me a note and I'll document the process for you so you can get it going.

I thought that Diva Q might have a trademark on one of those saying's. But I could be wrong

thanks for the suggestions! Bacon I will check into that. If I have trouble I will send you a pm.

I did mine with Vista

Attachments

• livepreview.aspx.jpeg
    livepreview.aspx.jpeg
    29 KB · Views: 136
I like the card you created minus the typo, but that's an easy fix.
I still like to print them at home on an as needed basis.
I print free business cards completely free.
:clap2: :mod:

My Card

The wife's design she is a graphic artist so if anyone ever needed help, I am sure she could give a Brethren Discount .....Let me know what ya think.

Attachments

• bbq.jpg
    bbq.jpg
    213.1 KB · Views: 72
I view business cards as a means to get someone else's card/contact information.

Kep an email list (try constant contact ) and don't give away your card without getting their contact information and permision to keep them posted about what you are up to.

99% of the people will have no problem (keep a clip board or some other way of recording their information if they don't have a card).

Send out one email a month. Something short and simple. A tip of the month. A recipe. Something that isn't pushing your business, something useful that will keep you name fresh in their minds.

good luck and very nice card

GoDaddy does a decent jobs well. You can be up and running for the price of a Thermopen.

Thats a pretty common card, I've seen a few from teams around here. Think I saw it on the Vistaprint stock business card template.

Back