MMMM.. BRISKET..
The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS.  

Our Homepage Donation to Forum Overhead Welocme Merchandise Associations Purchase Subscription
Go Back   The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS. > Discussion Area > Q-talk

Notices

Q-talk *ON TOPIC ONLY* QUALITY ON TOPIC discussion of Backyard BBQ, grilling, equipment and outdoor cookin' . ** Other cooking techniques are welcomed for when your cookin' in the kitchen. Post your hints, tips, tricks & techniques, success, failures, but stay on topic and watch for that hijacking.

Old 03-15-2020, 10:20 AM   #31
farmer-fred
Full Fledged Farker

Name/Nickname : Tom

I did pork two racks of baby backs and a pork loin on the trail embers yesterday. The loin came out great I pulled it at 145 deg and wrapped it. The babybacke got slightly overcooked and were a little dry in places. I was trying to finish up a pot of baked beans in the smoker and should have pulled the ribs sooner. The flavor of one of them was great while I thought the other seemed a little bitter from the smoke. Thing is I smoked them a @ 225 for a couple of hrs before turning up to 250. The wife liked them so all is good.
Weber Performer Premium Copper with Vortex Cone & Onlyfire stainless rotisserie ring, Weber Smokey Joe, Trail Embers Triple Function Smoker with Hunsaker Vortex Fire Basket, Kitchen Aid Stainless Gasser, Q-Master Senior Temp Controller, Inkbird IRF-2S Digital Thermometer. Little Griddle GQ230 100% Stainless Steel griddle attachment, Pellet Pro 1190 Pellet Grill With searing station.
farmer-fred is offline   Reply With Quote

Thanks from: --->

Old 03-15-2020, 06:31 PM   #32
Sid Post
is One Chatty Farker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sid Post View Post
Not much right now though debating a roast in the Mini-WSM to tide me over to the Brethern Bash out by Denton, Tx this coming weekend.
Just finished off a nice little beef roast with salt and black pepper in the 14" WSM over charcoal. It sure was nice on this rainy weekend in East Texas.

Old 03-15-2020, 06:56 PM   #33
jtsharp
Found some matches.

Name/Nickname : Jared

Little prime brisket with Black OPS Rub on the Pitts and Spitts. First time with the oakridge rub and I'm really impressed

Pitts and Spitts Maverick 1250, Weber Genesis
jtsharp is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 03-15-2020, 07:18 PM   #34
toddrhodes
On the road to being a farker

Ok, so this went as well as I could have hoped. Will do again, next time with the plate ribs. Of course dinner guests are going to be complimentary by nature, but the three others besides me kept bringing up how good the ribs and sauce/gravy were. The gravy was amazing. I can't say I've ever made a gravy with some heat to it before, but it was really full of flavor with a deep, pleasant heat to it. Not like lip-burning fire or anything, but it gave another dimension to the meal.

Pics

toddrhodes is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 03-15-2020, 07:26 PM   #35
InThePitBBQ
is One Chatty Farker

Name/Nickname : Bob

The plate looks fantastic Todd great job ~was a pleasure to meet you today really enjoyed it and can't wait to see your Shirley cooks!

Old 03-15-2020, 07:30 PM   #36
Potatoe

Name/Nickname : Alan

Pig and birds today

Sent from my LM-V450 using Tapatalk
Potatoe is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 03-15-2020, 08:07 PM   #37
toddrhodes

Quote:
Originally Posted by InThePitBBQ View Post
The plate looks fantastic Todd great job ~was a pleasure to meet you today really enjoyed it and can't wait to see your Shirley cooks!
Had a great time meeting you my friend, hoping to share some Shirley Q with you soon. Thanks for all the info and the chance to touch and feel the big pit, and I hope to at least get the chance to meet up with you and Paul, and I'm working on my SO about joining in with cook up in WI. Thanks again!
toddrhodes is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 03-15-2020, 09:25 PM   #38
JJJBBQ
Take a breath!

Name/Nickname : J

Baby back ribs and pork chops on the Weber with the slow n sear. Turned out well. No one seemed to complain!
Uuni 3 Pizza Oven
22” Blackstone
Arteflame
JJJBBQ is offline   Reply With Quote

Thanks from:--->
Old 03-16-2020, 06:04 AM   #39
TC Smoke & Que
is One Chatty Farker

Name/Nickname : Rick

Here are the pic's from the Butt cook saturday, Bark was a little heavy but not too hard, flavor and texture was really good. Had a little stall, but Smoking Beauty worked great to help bump it up. Everyone enjoyed the pulled pork!

Last edited by TC Smoke & Que; 04-29-2020 at 07:30 PM..
TC Smoke & Que is offline   Reply With Quote

Thanks from:--->