Quesadilla Burgers and Farkin' Broadband Error

Redhot

is Blowin Smoke!
Reaction score
I had all my photos resized and uploaded to Photobucket yesterday. I was half way through posting my entry for the burger TD when BAM! No internet. We couldn't watch Netflix or anything. So, a day late and a dollar short I'm posting them anyway, they were very good, just not very purdy!

Started off by grinding some ribeyes which were cut into strips, grinder worked great this time!
1ribeyes.jpg

4strips.jpg

5grinding.jpg

I ground all the below together (no, not the aspirin:rolleyes:) and added to some melted butter that was gently worked into the meat then patties were formed.

8rub.jpg

patties-1.jpg

done-1.jpg

Diced up some red and orange bells and jalapenos to grill. Diced tomato, green onion, salt and lime juice for a quick salsa-like topping.

10veggies.jpg

peppers2-1.jpg

Made a nice spicy sauce with ranch dressing, salsa and sour cream. Big slices of pepper jack for the final melt.

11saucencheese.jpg

Yep it's blurry but it was soooo good. Bottom "bun" was two tortillas with cheese and thin avocado slices, then more cheese, burger patty and more cheese. Top "bun" was two tortillas filled with cheese and tomato/green onion mixture. Sprayed with no stick and baked in the oven til all bubbly and melty. Sauce was served on the side.
mmmm.jpg

TDshot-1.jpg

Thanks for looking!!!! Now I have to go decide which burger is my favorite in the TD!

It was! The ground dried Habanero (The evil looking dried peppers on the left) from Fitz really made that spice combo shine.

I added it to the Throwdown vote. Only seems fair to me, since it would have been there if not for the internet outage.

Thanks Chris, but you didn't have to do that. I just thought it was a least post worthy. I was just going to enter it in the end is nigh TD...but hey, doesn't that make 40 entries in the burger TD? :clap2:

Oh that does look tasty. Thank goodness the burger season is now in full swing.

Great looking burger, Michele ... but grinding up ribeyes still makes me cry. :cry:

Don't feel bad now, these were from an un-graded cryovac that cost 3.19/lb. They just happened to have some very nice marbling.:becky:

:doh: When I linked here earlier from the vote thread I thought I was in the burger TD thread and just made a random comment. How rude of me not to acknowledge such a great burger, awesome job I'd hit that for sure. :hungry:

Looks delish and very creative! Really glad Chris let that one slide. I'm still working on my burger entry...:roll:

Back