SoCal Farkers - Annual Christmas/Holiday Charity Cook Sat. Dec. 8

That was fun yesterday!

A smaller crowd than before, so there was a fair amount of leftovers that folks go to take with them, and one of the other volunteers ran some by the Calabasas Fire Dept. :clap2:

I wanna extend deep and sincere thanks all the SoCal farkers who were there - getting up early & driving long distances just to help out - how cool is that? Since the crowd was lighter, the pace was kinda easy, so we got to get in some hanging out and cutting up, which is always great with this crew.

I'm impressed that GVDub came up with not one - but 2 recipes of vegan mac & cheese that people would eat! :shocked: Nicely done! Ms. GVDub was a great help as well. Thanks for everything & it's great to have y'all with us!

Team DUBBAGA's greens were quite the hit - probably because they were in no way, shape or form vegan. :heh: I think that's the one thing we ran out of (well...a little may have ended up in my fridge :twisted:). Thanks for making the drive from Redlands!

It was great to see Team B - all the way from Temeculah! Really a great family and super helpful all the way through. Very cool to see the young 'uns (well young compared to all of us anyway...) helping out doing good stuff. Thanks to your whole crew!

campdude was right in the action and on point with everything as always - I can't imagine pulling off cooks like this without him. And the desserts are so farking good! Had some sweet potato pie and fudge for breakfast this morning. Thanks for making the drive from Rancho Cucomonga & it's always great to hang!

silverfinger rocked the beans! Also helped with hauling stuff and many other things, including not bleeding all over place. :laugh: It's always so killer to hang out with SF. Dude has a heart of gold. Thanks for helping out and it was great doing a little catching up!

Team SmokinJohn & Bigmista were missed for sure - hopefully we'll see y'all next time!

We have some great farkin people around here, and I'm glad I got to meat them through this site!

I got 4 whole pictures yesterday...

Serving line

picture.php

Their kitchen was down, so we cooked at my spot and set up on the side of the building.

picture.php

DUBBAGA 2 fistin' turkey

picture.php

picture.php

Thanks so much & I look forward to seeing y'all again!

And thanks to frognot and Big George's BBQ for the bumps! :clap2:

Kudos to you all on a job well done.

• Thanks
Reactions: gtr
I am so sorry I missed this.

Looks like you had fun.

GVDub, you have to keep coming, otherwise I have to take the vegan mac and cheese crown back (and I don't want it).

I look forward to hanging out with all of you sometime this year!

^^^We sure did miss y'all and your deft handling of things such as purple cabbage, textured whatever-it-is, and whatnot. Hope you and yer bride had a great trip.

And yes, it be great to see y'all farkers soon!

Back