• working on DNS.. links may break temporarily.

Ravens and Chiefs playoff Game! SPARERIBS ????

T

tmkshew

Hey real quick I am throwing on 4 racks of ribs on the smoker for the game Sunday at 1pm.

I was wondering if anyone has ever done a marinade for ribs.
Even if it's as simple as letting them sit in a good bbq sauce for a few days...

I want to mix up some tastes and I'm not really into any of the rubs I've got so far. I was thinking of doing a maple syrup one too since for some of my deadbeat friends 1pm is breakfast.

Let me know what you guys think and if you have any suggestions. I was thinking of just covering with mustard salt and pepper and then marinating them in bbq overnight.

I use plowboys yardbird like the rest of the brethren but I wanted to mix up the tastes.

Any input is very appreciated! GO RAVENS!

Don't need to marinade. Trim as necessary, remove membrane, apply rub. After an hour or more, cook em.

Let's Go Ravens!

cooking ribs here as well. I have never marinated my ribs. The maple syrup sounds like a good addition during the foil step if you do that. I am cooking a couple of butts some spares and some baby backs along with chicken thighs and wings. Lots of different rub combos as I search for my comp combination for this year. Go Chiefs. keith

An unusual rib marinade that works....Root Beer. Seriously.

Go Chiefs!

The Ravens will smear the Chiefs. Sorry, KC fans, but the Raven's defense is just too strong.

Ray Lewis had a BBQ Joint in Canton that didnt last long. So dont ask Ray to answer your rib question.

I am more worried about the Ravens O not the D.

Back to your topic. I rub ribs with our Outlaw Dry Rub then put in the fridge for hours or overnight. I dont think your mustard idea is a bad idea either.

Go Ravens:boxing:

How's them ribs turn out? So far, so good, for the Ravens, but ain't countin my chickens just yet.

I did the same thing today. They turned out great. Too bad the Chiefs didn't. I can't stand the Ravens.

Attachments

• Finished Ribs 2.jpg
    Finished Ribs 2.jpg
    91.9 KB · Views: 30
  • Ribs 1-9-2011 before foil.jpg
    Ribs 1-9-2011 before foil.jpg
    6.6 KB · Views: 31
That reminds me, I need to get some birds to BBQ next week in my steel smoker. Heeheehee.

CD (wink)

Congrats Ravens. Good first half but the 2nd half was horrible. Still, I am proud of the improvement of my Chiefs and hope we can draft some wide receivers. Got the big pot-o-chile on looking for a good meal after my Jayhawks take care of Michigan.

Back