• working on DNS.. links may break temporarily.

Today's Project "Fried Green Beans"

River City Smokehouse

is Blowin Smoke!
Reaction score
Well here it is. I've just been beat from work but I got it done this morning. These are pretty good! My wife actually likes them and she is as finicky as "Morris the Cat". I made up a little dipping sauce of Soy sauce,Sesame oil, and Scallions.

BBQ044w.jpg

Bill - you want some?

They actually look good! I'm surprised that they didn't explode (ya know... like matter and anti-matter)

I gave them an egg wash and then rolled them in flour/corn meal 60/40 mixture. I seasoned them with paprika, cayenne pepper, and Lawry's. They only have to fry for 1 minute and they are done.

There is a Chinese restaurant by my office that serves fired string beans with small pieces of beef and pork.

I alway like them and the owner told me that it's a big seller for him. They don't batter the beans. They just
get fried.

My mom told me about the green beans last year and I thought she was crazy, Those do look good. Have tried the candy bars(too sweet)Fried dill pickles(ok but not for me) and oreos and twinkies(these flat rock) We usually vend the oreos and twinkies. Guess Ill have to fire up the fryer and check out the fried green been. Who woulda thunk it. Rick

Back