MMMM.. BRISKET..
The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS.  

Our Homepage Donation to Forum Overhead Welocme Merchandise Associations Purchase Subscription
Go Back   The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS. > Discussion Area > Catering, Food Handling and Awareness

Notices

Catering, Food Handling and Awareness *OnTopic* Forum to educate us on safe food handling. Not specifically for Catering or competition but overall health and keeping our families safe too.

Old 07-31-2014, 02:59 PM   #16
ssv3
somebody shut me the fark up.

Name/Nickname : Sako

These guys also sell theirs $49.99 + $11 shipping.

http://www.porkinator.com/
Blackstone Griddle Retrofit
Blackstone Pizza Oven
WSJ(K) WGA(P) WJJ(CU) W22(BI) W26(CL)
Pit Barrer Junior
Kingsford Oval (resto mod)
ssv3 is online now   Reply With Quote

Thanks from:--->

Old 08-03-2014, 11:52 AM   #17
bbqbull
Watching over us.

Used mine for the first time yesterday. Took longer to unwrap 2 butts at a time, debone and put into a food grade level bucket. That it did to shredd them.
Love that thing.

"I wish my mind could forget what my eyes have seen. :shocked:"

"Heavily medicated for your protection. :doh:"

Klose Mobile Pit
Klose Owners Reccomended Pit
Cookshack Smokette
Gasser
Little Chief Smoker
Large BGE
Gifted to me my Pit Barrel Smoker :mrgreen::clap:[URL="http://www.bbq-brethren.com//www.pinterest.com/pin/create/extension/"][/URL]
bbqbull is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 08-03-2014, 12:04 PM   #18
rbswrds
Is lookin for wood to cook with.

Just got my RO-Man Pork Puller in the mail but havent used it yet. Been raining for over a week now here in eastern NC. From what I've read, my plan is to cut off any fat then hit it in short bursts. I'm only doing one 8 to 9 pound butt at a time, and after a long 8 to 10 hrs on the Que I want to eat ASAP. I never really liked shredding, sometimes (esp with the wife waitin') I just end up slicing it.

Oklahoma Joe Longhorn Horizontal Smoker
rbswrds is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 08-03-2014, 11:04 PM   #19
Piggysquealers
Full Fledged Farker

Just make sure to hit it when it's hot. It pulls really easily, and the meat sucks up the juices.

Old 08-04-2014, 11:16 AM   #20
bbqbull
Watching over us.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Piggysquealers View Post
Just make sure to hit it when it's hot. It pulls really easily, and the meat sucks up the juices.
I agree about the meat sucks up the juices.
The guests commented how moist the meat was.

"I wish my mind could forget what my eyes have seen. :shocked:"

"Heavily medicated for your protection. :doh:"

Klose Mobile Pit
Klose Owners Reccomended Pit
Cookshack Smokette
Gasser
Little Chief Smoker
Large BGE
Gifted to me my Pit Barrel Smoker :mrgreen::clap:[URL="http://www.bbq-brethren.com//www.pinterest.com/pin/create/extension/"][/URL]
bbqbull is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 08-05-2014, 10:20 PM   #21
Jeff Therrell
Knows what a fatty is.

Y'all can have those pullers. I pulled 32 butts this morning in about 45 minutes and when I got done I dumped a full bus tub of fat in the slop container. Now I ain't the smartest BBQ cook in the world but it seems to me that all that fat is going to still be in there, it ain't going to evaporate! I have had customers tell me that my BBQ is the cleanest that have ever eat. I pull my butts in individual loins and pieces and put it in bus tubs and use 2 spatulas on the flattop to finish pulling it as I warm it. Leaving it in bigger pieces also keeps it more fresh while it's in the cooler.
Jeff Therrell
Sweetfire BBQ Lincolnton NC
Jeff Therrell is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 08-06-2014, 08:15 AM   #22
dano
is one Smokin' Farker

We sell the Ro-Man puller....We recommend getting as much visible fat off as possible. After that, if you pulse the puller by only holding the trigger for a short amount of time and then release you will get good size chunks that aren't too "shredded".
dano is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 08-06-2014, 08:36 AM   #23
BB-Kuhn
Take a breath!

I can not deny the appeal of efficiency, but I like a really corse, hand pulled texture to my pork, so unless I absolutely couldn't take 2 minutes to do it by hand, i'll pass.

Old 08-15-2014, 10:52 AM   #24
GAsouthern
Is lookin for wood to cook with.

This video made me order one.

GAsouthern is offline   Reply With Quote