The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS.  

Our Homepage Donation to Forum Overhead Recipes Smoke Signals Magazine Welocme Merchandise Associations Purchase Subscription Amazon Affiliate
Go Back   The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS. > Discussion Area > Q-talk

Notices

Q-talk *ON TOPIC ONLY* QUALITY ON TOPIC discussion of Backyard BBQ, grilling, equipment and outdoor cookin' . ** Other cooking techniques are welcomed for when your cookin' in the kitchen. Post your hints, tips, tricks & techniques, success, failures, but stay on topic and watch for that hijacking.

Old 09-17-2017, 08:36 PM   #16
allboy
Full Fledged Farker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rockinar View Post
Get the one with the $149 one with the aluminum bucket under it, not the pan. Thats all you need

https://www.weber.com/US/en/grills/m...charcoal-grill
Isn't that the one for $199.00?
allboy is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 09-17-2017, 09:35 PM   #17
charrederhead
is Blowin Smoke!

At the least, find a used One Touch Gold on CL, Offerup, etc. They can be had for $75 and less, and have the flip grates and ash bucket- 2 very useful upgrades. Maybe you can find a Performer for the same price.

Old 09-18-2017, 06:00 AM   #18
Dweverett
is one Smokin' Farker

Name/Nickname : Bill

Quote:
Originally Posted by allboy View Post
Isn't that the one for $199.00?
No, the one you are thinking of is the $99 version. $149 includes the enclosed ash catcher. As others have mentioned the change to get to $199 is the lid bail, the grate system with an insert and a little more height

Old 10-05-2017, 03:50 AM   #19
Mempilon
Found some matches.

Hi,

You can also check Weber 14401001 grill and this model will cost you $149. It looks like the same model that is mentioned by Rockinar but the product dimensions and price is different. I have found some good reviews on grills including Weber 14401001

http://www.topreviewhut.com/best-charcoal-grills/
Mempilon is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 10-05-2017, 07:49 AM   #20
DubfromGA
is One Chatty Farker

I bought a MasterTouch a couple months back and have used the heck out of it.

It was most definitely worth the extra money for the upgrades. The grate works super with the Vortex as mentioned already.

Check on eBay for excellent prices on new models, too.

Old 10-05-2017, 08:43 AM   #21
aerotech11
is one Smokin' Farker

Name/Nickname : Ric

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robert View Post
IIRC the Gourmet had a heavier grate. If you use a vortex, the removable center would be ideal because the vortex will put out some really intense heat. Walmart had them on closeout last fall and I passed because I have too many Weber's and I reasoned that I could just buy the grate system, but never have. I think the gourmet grate is $34 from Weber.

Good luck,

Robert
I just picked up the heavier gourmet grate with the sides that lift up and the removable center for $25 at HD. Thought it was a good deal so picked one up for my 22.5 kettle.
aerotech11 is offline   Reply With Quote

1 members found this post helpful.
Thanks from:--->
Old 10-05-2017, 08:50 AM   #22
Coffekid
Found some matches.

Also weber is coming out with a special edition kettle on November I think the color is going to be red
Coffekid is offline   Reply With Quote

Thanks from:--->
Old 10-05-2017, 08:59 AM   #23
Demosthenes9
is One Chatty Farker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dweverett View Post
No, the one you are thinking of is the $99 version. $149 includes the enclosed ash catcher. As others have mentioned the change to get to $199 is the lid bail, the grate system with an insert and a little more height
Actually, he's right. Rockinar was recommending a OTG, but his link was to the Mastertouch.

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk
Demosthenes9 is offline   Reply With Quote