Grilled up some hamburgers

T

tom288

I got 80/20 ground chuck. Made two 1/2lb hamburgers. Did the normal salt and pepper, but then added Grill Mastern steak rub, and formed the patties. After forming the patties I tried something new, to me at least, and cut a sliver off the top of the patty. Then I put in a slice of garlic butter, put the piece of hamburger back on top and reformed the patty.

Threw em on the grill, and they came out great. The garlic butter added some nice flavor to the meat, I think Im gonna have to do it from now on.

Dont know if any of you have tried it, but i think its worth a shot.

No pics, got devoured too quickly.

I have not tried the Garlic Butter trick before. Sounds like it will taste good.

tom288 said:
I got 80/20 ground chuck. Made two 1/2lb hamburgers. Did the normal salt and pepper, but then added Grill Mastern steak rub, and formed the patties. After forming the patties I tried something new, to me at least, and cut a sliver off the top of the patty. Then I put in a slice of garlic butter, put the piece of hamburger back on top and reformed the patty.

Threw em on the grill, and they came out great. The garlic butter added some nice flavor to the meat, I think Im gonna have to do it from now on.

Dont know if any of you have tried it, but i think its worth a shot.

No pics, got devoured too quickly.

I woulda proly not been able to stop with just the garlic butter the possibilities are endless...peppers, anchovies, raisins, waterchestnuts, FRIED BACON, PIG CANDY:-D , I'll stop there since I'm sure you get the idear.

Ya I want to try bacon and regular butter next. Should I cook the bacon then dice it up and mix with the meat, or mix it in uncooked?

tom288 said:
Ya I want to try bacon and regular butter next. Should I cook the bacon then dice it up and mix with the meat, or mix it in uncooked?

Cook the bacon.

I like the pig candy idea! I've been know to add a little brown sugar to my ground beef when I'm making patties. Not enough to make them sweet but enought to balance the other flavors...

I like garlic if I don't use enough to over power. In most case's I learned a little dab will do you. I have never tried this, I think I will my next cook.

A lot of folks will use blue cheese and butter. I am a fan of any kind of burger, as long as it doesn't make the bun soggy. Those are the ones I don't like.

tony76248 said:
A lot of folks will use blue cheese and butter. I am a fan of any kind of burger, as long as it doesn't make the bun soggy. Those are the ones I don't like.

I stuff a lot of my burgers. In the past I've done Cheese and Chilli, Sauteed Chopped Mushrooms (with or without garlic), Cheese and BBQ sauce, Cheese and Bacon, Various Butters (not keen on these myself as I find them too 'fatty'), and onion sliced into rings and then fried until soft (with or withou spiced, curry powered etc).

The last couple of weeks we've had cajun burgers from Joe's Cajun Market here in town. They are stuffed with cheese w/ or w/o japs and wrapped in bacon. Everyone who's tried one has loved em. They are bacon wrapped like a filet. Really nice.

All that stuffing.....starting to sound kinda like.....:idea: Meatloaf.....guess the real difference is in size of the burger :-D

DaChief said:
All that stuffing.....starting to sound kinda like.....:idea: Meatloaf.....guess the real difference is in size of the burger :-D
lol, I've added bread crumbs to some that would have been too moist- usually adding about 3 Ts of teryaki.
But my preference is grilled onion, diced jalapeno, sharp jack chedder.

I put some Lipton soup mix in mine and few extras and the kids lovem.

Back