Likely silly question - source for MM only?

jasonjax

Babbling Farker
Reaction score
Anyone know of a source where you can buy just money muscles?

Why would you want just the MM? (Besides that they are delicious :-D). You posted this in the competition section, so I have to assume that the question is competition related.

Just buy the whole butt, cut them down to size, and use the rest to make some nice sausage.

In all seriousness Jason I would call Keith at KC Competition Meats and ask him. If anyone would know it would be him.

Please let us know what you find out!

Why would you want just the MM? (Besides that they are delicious :-D). You posted this in the competition section, so I have to assume that the question is competition related.

Non-sanctioned competition.

In all seriousness Jason I would call Keith at KC Competition Meats and ask him. If anyone would know it would be him.

Please let us know what you find out!

Lewis,

I will also check with Pensacola Butcher Shop.

Do the rules specify that it has to come from a shoulder or butt? If not I'd probably just go with tenderloin.

Do the rules specify that it has to come from a shoulder or butt? If not I'd probably just go with tenderloin.

Yeah. Has to be pork shoulder, but no other rules/requirements in terms of cooking it as "once piece" etc.

Maybe check with with a small meat market that produces a lot of sausage. If they are small and yet produce a lot, chances are they aren’t just using trimmings.

A grocery in our area takes the Smithfield prime butts that come individual wrapped, trim them down to a smaller blade roast that the “housewives” will buy.

Again, perhaps you can buy the other end.

Back