MMMM.. BRISKET..
The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS.  

Our Homepage Donation to Forum Overhead Welocme Merchandise Associations Purchase Subscription Amazon Affiliate
Go Back   The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS. > Discussion Area > Q-talk

Notices

Q-talk *ON TOPIC ONLY* QUALITY ON TOPIC discussion of Backyard BBQ, grilling, equipment and outdoor cookin' . ** Other cooking techniques are welcomed for when your cookin' in the kitchen. Post your hints, tips, tricks & techniques, success, failures, but stay on topic and watch for that hijacking.

Old 11-08-2012, 09:49 PM   #1
rg02
Full Fledged Farker

Default Green chile on the kettle?

Anyone have a recipe and process for some tasty green chile with a little heat that they could share? Having a chile cook party for fun at work and thought since I love Qing/grilling that it would be cool to do it on my kettle! Any help is greatly appreciated!

Old 11-08-2012, 10:08 PM   #2
LittleHill Smoke
On the road to being a farker

I've been wanting to try a Green Chile and Cheese Fatty for some time now. Try searching for Green Chile on the google search, at the bottom of the page.

Old 11-08-2012, 10:27 PM   #3
jfletcher84
Full Fledged Farker

Thirdeye has a good green chili recipe. If you search for at the bottom of the page you can find it.

Old 11-08-2012, 10:32 PM   #4
rg02
Full Fledged Farker

Awesome! Thanks everyone!

Old 11-09-2012, 03:25 AM   #5
fedex
Full Fledged Farker

Try this, http://www.simplyrecipes.com/recipes/chile_verde/

Grill all the veggies huge ++, use real Chicken Broth and I also add a little Masa to thicken it up. This stuff is the real deal.
UDS, Yellow 22", 2008 Weber Ranch, SS Blue Performer, 18" Blue Platinum, Wife Model#1962
fedex is offline   Reply With Quote

Thanks from:--->
Old 11-09-2012, 05:58 AM   #6
Trawlerdog
Knows what a fatty is.

Thanks for that link Fedex. That indeed is the real deal.
[B]New Braunfels El Dorado[/B] USA, [B][COLOR=Sienna]The BEAST [/COLOR][/B][COLOR=Sienna][COLOR=Black]whole hog rotisserie, Weber Smokey Joe, [/COLOR][B][SIZE=1][SIZE=1]The M[/SIZE]ini Be[SIZE=1]ast [/SIZE][/SIZE][/B][COLOR=Black][SIZE=2], [B][COLOR=Red][SIZE=2]Thermapen, [/SIZE][/COLOR][/B][COLOR=Red][SIZE=2][COLOR=Black]Maverick ET732, 100 acres of Hickory and Oak hardwoods.
Magma Catalina gasser on the boat.

[/COLOR][/SIZE][/COLOR][/SIZE][/COLOR][/COLOR][COLOR=Sienna][COLOR=Black][SIZE=2][B][COLOR=Red][SIZE=2]

[/SIZE][/COLOR][/B][/SIZE][/COLOR][/COLOR][B][I]You can't always be young, but you can always be immature.[/I][/B]
Trawlerdog is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 11-09-2012, 09:13 AM   #7
Bludawg
somebody shut me the fark up.

This is my favorite chile verde

Pork and Poblano Stew

Ingredients

4 to 5 poblano chile peppers (about 3/4 pound)
1 Tbsp vegetable oil
2 1/2 pounds pork shoulder, trimmed, cut into 1 to 2 inch pieces
Salt
1 large onion, chopped (about 2 cups)
3 to 4 garlic cloves, minced
1 teaspoon cumin
1 chipotle chili in adobo, minced
1 Tbsp dried oregano
1 quart chicken stock (use gluten-free stock for gluten-free option)
1 1/2 cups fresh or frozen corn (no need to defrost if frozen)
1 large (about 1/2 pound) sweet potato, peeled and diced (about 1/2 to 3/4-inch cubes)
Sour cream
Cilantro
Toasted shelled pumpkin seeds (pepitas) Optional

Method

Char the chile peppers on all sides, directly over a gas flame, or broil, turning every minute or so until the chiles are blackened on all sides. Place in a bowl and cover with a clean dish towel. Let sit for 10 minutes or so, then rub off the blackened charred skin. Cut away and discard the stem, seeds, and internal veins. Roughly chop the chiles into 1 to 2 inch pieces. Set aside.

Heat the vegetable oil in a large Dutch oven on medium high heat. Pat dry the pork pieces with a paper towel and brown them, working in batches as to not crowd the pan. Sprinkle salt generously over the pork while they brown.

Remove the pork from the pan and set aside. Add the chopped onion and cumin to the pan and cook about 5 minutes, until translucent. Scrape up any browned bits from the bottom of the pan while the onions cook. Add garlic and cook for a minute more.

Add the chopped chipotle to the onions and garlic. Return the browned pork to the pan. Add the chopped poblano chiles to the pan. Add the chicken stock and oregano. Bring to a boil, reduce to a simmer, cover and let cook for 1 hour. After an hour, add the diced sweet potato and corn to the stew. Cook for another half hour to 45 minutes, until the pork is tender and the sweet potatoes are cooked through.

To serve, spoon out the stew into bowls. Swirl in a spoonful of sour cream to each bowl. Top with chopped fresh cilantro and toasted shelled pumpkin seeds.

Thanks from:--->
Old 11-09-2012, 09:35 AM   #8
Trawlerdog
Knows what a fatty is.

^^^^ more good stuff!
[B]New Braunfels El Dorado[/B] USA, [B][COLOR=Sienna]The BEAST [/COLOR][/B][COLOR=Sienna][COLOR=Black]whole hog rotisserie, Weber Smokey Joe, [/COLOR][B][SIZE=1][SIZE=1]The M[/SIZE]ini Be[SIZE=1]ast [/SIZE][/SIZE][/B][COLOR=Black][SIZE=2], [B][COLOR=Red][SIZE=2]Thermapen, [/SIZE][/COLOR][/B][COLOR=Red][SIZE=2][COLOR=Black]Maverick ET732, 100 acres of Hickory and Oak hardwoods.
Magma Catalina gasser on the boat.

[/COLOR][/SIZE][/COLOR][/SIZE][/COLOR][/COLOR][COLOR=Sienna][COLOR=Black][SIZE=2][B][COLOR=Red][SIZE=2]

[/SIZE][/COLOR][/B][/SIZE][/COLOR][/COLOR][B][I]You can't always be young, but you can always be immature.[/I][/B]
Trawlerdog is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 11-09-2012, 11:54 AM   #9
Mark
somebody shut me the fark up.

Name/Nickname : Mark

I made "deconstructed" chile relleno's on a grill a couple of weeks ago. Here's how:
  1. Get a bushel of fresh Hatch or Poblano chile's and blister them over a hot grill
  2. Place them in a plastic bag until they cool down some
  3. Slit open and rinse inside and outsider to leave behind a pepper fillet.
  4. Open them and add some shredded cheese and cooked/crumbled chorizo
  5. Place back on grill untill they carmalize on the outside.

A thin line separates paranoia from an acute understanding of reality.
Mark is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 11-09-2012, 01:11 PM   #10
VoodoChild
is one Smokin' Farker

Heres my recipie I use
Ingredients:2 lbs Pork Loin - Cubed
1 can 28 oz. Green Chili - Whole - Seed and cut into small cubes
1 tbsp. Salt
2 cloves Garlic
2 cups Water
5 Jalapenos - Seeded
1 Medium Sweet Onion - Chopped
5 tbsp. Ground Cumin
1/4 tsp. Oregano
2 cans Campbells Chicken Broth
2 tbsp. Green Tabasco Sauce
8 oz. Green Sauce Instructions:Mix together Salt, Cumin, and Oregano. Set aside.
Blend together Jalapenos and Green Sauce. Set aside.
Gray pork in frying pan. Set aside.
Combine Chicken Broth, Half the Water, Onion and Garlic in Cooking Pot. Heat until Onion is translucent. Add Blended Jalapenos, Pork and 1-1/2 Tbsp of Cumin mixture to pot. Continue cooking over medium heat. After one hour, add 1/3 can green chilis (blended), 1 Tbsp Green Tabasco Sauce and another 1-1/2 Tbsp of Cumin mixture. After 2-1/2 hours, add remaining green chilis, Green Tabasco Sauce and Cumin mixture. Salt, thicken or thin sauce to suit. Servings:
1- WEBER RANCH KETTLE
VoodoChild is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 11-11-2012, 11:56 AM   #11
SourHopHead
Got Wood.

Tossed my fresh Hatch chilies on the kettle just after we got them. Turning them constantly and tossed them in the freezer after sampling a couple of course.