Berkshire Porterhouse Chops

thillin

somebody shut me the fark up.
Reaction score
I picked up some great looking Berkshire Porterhouse Chops. Planning on thowing them on over the coals tonight. Since these have great marbeling, should I brine them?

Ty, my bet is that you would not have too. However, a short soak in brine could not hurt, and would help insure a juicy result.
my two cents.

If you cook them correctly, they will be plenty juicy. A good steak only needs some salt and pepper and high heat. I don't see the point of brining.

I would skip the brine on those, myself, since they won't take too long to cook. Though, like qman said, couldn't hurt.

I haven't been brining pork chops recently....

chingador said:
If you cook them correctly, they will be plenty juicy. A good steak only needs some salt and pepper and high heat. I don't see the point of brining.

i believe Berkshire porterhouse is kind of a pork T-bone.

If they're marbeled, i'd skip the brine.. mybe a quick marinade but not bother brining. Cant hurt though if u have time.

My mistake. I saw the word porterhouse and my circuits kind of misfired.

I've never cooked one of these guys. Any recommendations on int temps? I sure don't want to overcook these fellas.

For me, no more than 145° internal. Of course, brining gives you a little more lattitude, in case you overshoot your goal temp.

Back