Lancaster's - Mooresville, NC

MilitantSquatter

Reaction score
Here's a plate of ribs and chopped barbecue from Lancaster's in Mooresville where I live on Saturday...

Attachments

• lancasters.jpg
    lancasters.jpg
    51.3 KB · Views: 30
Never heard of it. Where's it located and how is it? It looks good.

When you say Chopped BBQ, oh wait, you are in North Carolina now, it has to be pork.

We were just in Mooresville about a month ago. Got family there. Don't know anything about that place. Tell me! :)

Never heard of it. Where's it located and how is it? It looks good.

We were just in Mooresville about a month ago. Got family there. Don't know anything about that place. Tell me! :)

This location is about 1-2 miles east of Exit 36 (150)... on a side road. I think they've been around since the mid '80's... started small and now is quite big... They have a second location in Huntersville.

They say eastern style... which I'm assuming meant that the chopped BBQ is cooked from the whole hog... I was with my daughter so I didn't get to ask. The ribs were a bit overdone but they were good. Typical sauced ribs.

Smoke flavor was difficult to detect, but not knowing how they are cooked I am not judging.

I'd go back... I enjoyed this a lot more than Mac's Speed Shop as the only two places within 10 miles of me. Mac's was not worth going back for BBQ...

My plan is to venture a lot further to try out the places in other towns I've read about, including Lexington but also willing to go off the beaten path....

When you say Chopped BBQ, oh wait, you are in North Carolina now, it has to be pork.

Of course! Around here the definition of BBQ is: "Pork, cooked over wood coals, chopped, and enhanced with sauce."

Back