MMMM.. BRISKET..
The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS.  

Our Homepage Donation to Forum Overhead Welocme Merchandise Associations Purchase Subscription
Go Back   The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS. > Discussion Area > Q-talk

Notices

Q-talk *ON TOPIC ONLY* QUALITY ON TOPIC discussion of Backyard BBQ, grilling, equipment and outdoor cookin' . ** Other cooking techniques are welcomed for when your cookin' in the kitchen. Post your hints, tips, tricks & techniques, success, failures, but stay on topic and watch for that hijacking.

Old 01-04-2019, 08:15 PM   #1
jsperk
Babbling Farker

Default LSG arrived

Got my 20×42 in today. Talk about packed good. My neighbor let me use his driveway so the truck backed up pretty close to my cement slab.

Tomorrow I will season and Sunday will be my first cook. Only Bonner was I found a scratch on the lid. For some reason there was a 2x4 on the lid during shipping. Not even tied down or anything. I'm sure I'll put some scratches on it myself.

I can't wait to mess with it tomorrow.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Old 01-04-2019, 08:30 PM   #2
DefTaker
Knows what a fatty is.

Name/Nickname : Tony

Nice - I wish I could afford to get one of those LSG 20x42 units myself...even though I don't relish the idea of stoking the fire throughout the cook, I just want to test my skill and see if I'm worthy for the next level...plus everyone always claims that an offset tastes so much better. I'd like to see what the fuss is about. :) Congrats, enjoy and let's see what kinda great 'que she cranks out!
DefTaker is offline   Reply With Quote

Thanks from:--->
Old 01-04-2019, 08:32 PM   #3
TXNewbie
Full Fledged Farker

Name/Nickname : Someone

Nice! I looked long at this one before I bought my PeeWee.

I've always wondered if the LSG's have as strong an airflow as we hear ab out with Jambo's and such.

Let me know what you think!
TXNewbie is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 01-04-2019, 08:36 PM   #4
Smoking Piney
Quintessential Chatty Farker

Name/Nickname : John

Yes!

Congrats!

Assassin 24
XL BGE
Weber Kettle with rotisserie and Vortex
Ooni 3 Pizza Oven
AMNPS
Smoking Piney is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 01-04-2019, 08:55 PM   #5
jmellor
is one Smokin' Farker

Congrats!!

Remember RGB....always sending it
jmellor is offline   Reply With Quote

1 members found this post helpful.
Old 01-04-2019, 08:58 PM   #6
jsperk
Babbling Farker

Quote:
Originally Posted by DefTaker View Post
Nice - I wish I could afford to get one of those LSG 20x42 units myself...even though I don't relish the idea of stoking the fire throughout the cook, I just want to test my skill and see if I'm worthy for the next level...plus everyone always claims that an offset tastes so much better. I'd like to see what the fuss is about. :) Congrats, enjoy and let's see what kinda great 'que she cranks out!
I wanted this and I wouldn't have bought it but my wife surprised me with it for a Christmas gift.
I used a Oklahoma Joe highlander couple years ago. I think this will be easier to use.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TXNewbie View Post
Nice! I looked long at this one before I bought my PeeWee.

I've always wondered if the LSG's have as strong an airflow as we hear ab out with Jambo's and such.

Let me know what you think!
Will do. I'm also curious about filling the bottom with water. I think that would be just extra cleanup.

Old 01-04-2019, 08:58 PM   #7
Tannhauser42
Full Fledged Farker

Name/Nickname : X

The 2x4 you mentioned being on the lid could have been a crossbeam at the top of the crate that came off during shipping.
Anyway, I am jealous.
Tannhauser42 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 01-04-2019, 09:01 PM   #8
jsperk
Babbling Farker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tannhauser42 View Post
The 2x4 you mentioned being on the lid could have been a crossbeam at the top of the crate that came off during shipping.
Anyway, I am jealous.
That could have been it. They had so many nails throughout that crate. I even snapped a wonder bar.

Old 01-04-2019, 09:17 PM   #9
BBQ_MAFIA
somebody shut me the fark up.

Congrats and good with the new toy.

Lang 60
Lang 84 Deluxe Warmer with Chargrill
Large Spicewine
Large BGE
XL - BGE
Med. BGE ( Bought it for my son Vincenzo)
Brinkman Snp
Brinkman ECB
GOSM
Weber Kettle
Kenmore Elite Gasser
Camp Chef Outdoor Stove
Blackstone Pizza Oven
Blackstone 36" Griddle
1-Banjo
BBQ_MAFIA is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 01-04-2019, 09:22 PM   #10
gtsum
Babbling Farker

Comgrats on the new pit! If I ever got another offset, that is the one I would likely get. Looks good and price is reasonable for what they offer imo

Memphis Elite

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
gtsum is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 01-04-2019, 09:31 PM   #11
pjtexas1

Name/Nickname : Texas Pete

Congrats! I really like that design. That collection of yours is coming along nicely. Do you have a cover for it?

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk
SF 24x36 Midnight Edition / Mak 1-Star /Abe's 48" Insulated Cabinet / 22.5 OTG / 28" BS / Jimmy with CB Roti and pizza kit / Red Box on custom cart / Char-Griller Kettle / Barrel House Cooker / Pit Boss Copperhead / Char-Griller Akorn Jr

Sign Up for The 2022 Texas BBQ Brethren Fall Bash Here! ([URL="https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/12NjP4bH3uLyH6-RJnI4gSfDr0nKQ6_4cxdw_GhmrKq0/edit#gid=1935530835"]Link[/URL])
pjtexas1 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 01-04-2019, 09:41 PM   #12
jsperk
Babbling Farker

Quote:
Originally Posted by pjtexas1 View Post
Congrats! I really like that design. That collection of yours is coming along nicely. Do you have a cover for it?

Yep, she bought me the cover and the upgraded 8 inch wheels.

I wanted to sell my Humphrey's and my Pit Boss 5.0 vertical to get use towards getting an LSG. Now I don't have to sell them.

Old 01-04-2019, 09:45 PM   #13
pjtexas1

Name/Nickname : Texas Pete

Quote:
Originally Posted by jsperk View Post
Yep, she bought me the cover and the upgraded 8 inch wheels.
Awesome! She listened or did her research.

SF 24x36 Midnight Edition / Mak 1-Star /Abe's 48" Insulated Cabinet / 22.5 OTG / 28" BS / Jimmy with CB Roti and pizza kit / Red Box on custom cart / Char-Griller Kettle / Barrel House Cooker / Pit Boss Copperhead / Char-Griller Akorn Jr

Sign Up for The 2022 Texas BBQ Brethren Fall Bash Here! ([URL="https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/12NjP4bH3uLyH6-RJnI4gSfDr0nKQ6_4cxdw_GhmrKq0/edit#gid=1935530835"]Link[/URL])
pjtexas1 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 01-04-2019, 09:54 PM   #14
jsperk
Babbling Farker

Quote:
Originally Posted by pjtexas1 View Post
Awesome! She listened or did her research.

She came on this site and saw I wanted the LSG or maybe just buy a long horn. Then read up on the longhorn on this site and just went with what I really wanted.

So now with the space and my other cookers I already to weddings I was going to turn down but now I have the space to cook everything.

Old 01-04-2019, 09:59 PM   #15
70monte
is One Chatty Farker

Congratulations on the new smoker. That one seems pretty popular as I've watched more than a few YT videos of it being used.