RVing with the Grocery Cart

You will probably relive that day many times before it becomes a distant memory. Your post and pictures are surely making the wait for mine pretty tough. Keep us updated on your new Shirley.

The wait is so hard. But it's a long distant memory as soon as you get the cooker. It's guaranteed to be the coolest thing you have ever owned!

My Dad always said "It's the section between the Rod Handle and the Boat Seat that count". :-D

Great post and pic's!

Thanks! I can't help that I'm special! This thing just ain't the same as an XL green egg!!

It's gotten a little nastier since the other day. That 3/4" door can do some damage! Also, I have a burn in a straight line across 7 of my fingers.

FE17D9AC-4B2E-43C0-AF09-C0FF8E9EFB9F_zpsm5deafln.jpg

And yet... all I can think of is building another fire in that firebox and cooking another one of these briskets!!

11750969-230C-44BF-BC10-29A8163D5E93_zpsp1mmew7b.jpg

That burn proves you had a proper clean burning fire :biggrin1:

No doubt! This cooker runs hot and clean no matter what I do. I've never done any proper stick burning and I feel like a pro running this Shirley. Well, a clumsy pro.

The first real cook I did on the LSG Vertical Offset, I had some splits in the oven warming up before use. I opened up the firebox below it, moved things around a bit, then went to open the oven to grab out a split. No gloves. That heat escaping from the firebox had turned that "cool touch" handle to pretty damn hot real quick. Three in the morning and I am trying not to wake the neighbors. Ended up with a line of blisters "coiled" across my palm. I did that once. I don't care how cool that handle is, even if I haven't lit her up yet, I put gloves on.

A friend said it's kinda a ritual. A little burned flesh or some blood to bond with it. I just know it hurt.

Back