• working on DNS.. links may break temporarily.

AKMIMNAK

is one Smokin' Farker
Reaction score
And a pork butt to boot!

So, Saturday was above average ;)

I have the hardest time remembering to take pics at the END of the cook because A) I'm HUNGRY!! and B) I'm taking vids for my channel. So pics get forgotten in the shuffle. Sorry :/

But below are the pics I've got! If you want to hear how the pork belly tasted (my first attempt), you'll have to skip to the 27-minute mark of the video edition on my "Texas 2.5" YouTube channel. Should be uploaded by 7 PM CST.

Enjoy the pics!

Last edited:
Really nice cook but what a sweet pit.. I was trying to figure out what size that was until I read your info. Man I like that!

Thanks for the pictures, cooker and food looks great!

Cute little sous chef too. :)

Great cook and you still have plenty of room left in the cooker.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Really nice cook but what a sweet pit.. I was trying to figure out what size that was until I read your info. Man I like that!

Thank you! I love the 20x42. Unless guys have space issues, I would always recommend going with the bigger size on these new LSGs. Mine is the largest and it is only $100 more than the medium size, and only $200 more than the small. And a relative offset novice can succeed on this pit. So well designed!

Thanks for the pictures, cooker and food looks great!

Cute little sous chef too. :)

She's my BBQ buddy! Man does she love to "help" with whatever mommy or daddy is trying to do :) Can't wait til she's old enough to do an SCA Kids Steak Cookoff.

Great cook and you still have plenty of room left in the cooker.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

I know! I've never had this kind of freedom with space! Man am I loving it. Three months ago I was posting pics on here of how much you could jigsaw into a 22.5 Weber kettle with an extra hover grate!

That food looks great.

Thank you! The honest ratings:

Pork Belly: A- (awesome juiciness, but need to work on skin crisping)
Ribs: B (wish I would have sauced them a little heavier at the end)
Butt: C+ (good smoke, but forgot to foil pan and wrap the last half of cook so it was not nearly as juicy as last time)

Back