BBQ Brethren "Your Go-To Meal" Throwdown!!!

Please accept this as my Official entry into the “Go-to Meal” TD.

I got hit with cooking for the grand kids at the last minute, so this is my Go-to meal. Chicken wings and Mac-n-cheese.
IMG_1066.jpg

Got the wings started
IMG_1076.jpg

3 mixes for my special guests. 1- Kens Cesar dressing with garlic and parmesan cheese. 2- KC Master piece BBQ sauce. 3- Walden Farms thick and spicy BBQ sauce with apricot preserves.
IMG_1073.jpg

IMG_1077.jpg

IMG_1081.jpg

Ready to go…
IMG_1086.jpg

everyone gets their favorite
IMG_1087.jpg

Grand Pa’s plate.
IMG_1090.jpg

Works every time
IMG_1091.jpg

Thanks for the look.

Flash the 3 different sauces look awesome (as do the wings/legs in general). That's my kind of go-to meal.

My entry

I have quite a few "go to" meals, but they usually involve some kind of a roast. Easier to feed many people that way.

I found 1/2 of a mock chuck roast in the freezer the other day. Small but still a roast. Just the thing I needed.

Sharon was away tonight at a business meeting and is on a diet too, so I had a chance to do this just for me!

Fired up the Performer in offset mode with some hickory for flavor. Here is the little guy on the fire.

P8230640.jpg

Now with a roast this small it is very easy to over cook. So I put him on while still somewhat frozen in the middle. Started out almost over the coals at 150 and just let the temps come up gently, but still running wide open.

When it started to get crispy I turned it over for a few minutes and then moved off the coals but still very close. It was on for about 90 minutes total and I let the temps go all the way up to 400.

Here it is just off the grill.

P8230641.jpg

Then to see what the first slice looks like? Juicy, good smoke ring, a winner.

P8230643.jpg

Then ready to be devoured. Please use this photo as the money shot.

P8230645.jpg

Yea man, That's what I'm talkin about!!:clap2::clap2:

Perfect med rare, almost fork tender, juicy, and all mine!

I almost had a heart attack when I saw the temp that Buccaneer had on that thermapen. Then I realized that everything is upside down down there. And everyone knows that Orange is not a accurate as RED.

I almost had a heart attack when I saw the temp that Buccaneer had on that thermapen. Then I realized that everything is upside down down there. And everyone knows that Orange is not a accurate as RED.

Yep! Toilets even flush counterclockwise and such!

Go to meal

Don't have a true "Go to Meal", I am too busy "Going To Meals".:blabla::heh:

My "Go to meal"

So my go to meal is Burnt Ends, our family eats the Burnt Ends as our main, and then we eat the brisket as leftovers. I separate the point from the flat before cooking the meat and then cook the two parts separately.

Attachments

• Burnt Ends 0.jpg
    Burnt Ends 0.jpg
    45.7 KB · Views: 89
  • Burnt Ends 10.jpg
    Burnt Ends 10.jpg
    130.8 KB · Views: 90
  • Burnt Ends 5.jpg
    Burnt Ends 5.jpg
    219.8 KB · Views: 94
  • Burnt Ends 4.jpg
    Burnt Ends 4.jpg
    99.6 KB · Views: 90
  • Burnt Ends 3.jpg
    Burnt Ends 3.jpg
    190.5 KB · Views: 91
  • Burnt Ends 2.jpg
    Burnt Ends 2.jpg
    61.2 KB · Views: 91
Hey Jim, I am so sorry if I scared you!:heh:

The Temp was in celsius not Far'en' wide :heh:
and it was a gorgeous free range loin cooked HnF Aussie style so it needed to come off while it was like chicken...the intention is not to break it down but start the pork flavour and texture.
MoransPorktemp.jpg

I know it isn't the usual there but it is a sensational way to eat good pork.
Did you know we eat a pork medium rare downunder?
BBQed chops and steaks, even some people like big cuts that way!

Please accept this as my official entry in the "Go To Meal" throwdown

My wife's sister drove down from DC this weekend and this is what I came up with. My go to meal has to be Drunken Chicken with all the fixins.

Animal of choice is a nice roaster.
henryp11001.jpg

I brined the bird and while waiting I took care of the side dishes. Jalepeno's prepped for stuffing. I use Philly cream cheese and sharp cheddar for mine.
henryp11004.jpg

Stuffed, wrapped with thick sliced bacon and ready for the grill.
henryp11007.jpg

Hate to admit it but I used a jar of cheese for the rigatoni. My homemade cheese sauces always suck for some reason. This came out really good.
henryp11010.jpg

Picked up some fresh peaches and prepped them with a drizzle of honey and sprinkled with brown sugar. Grilled fruit of any kind is always a hit around here.
henryp11015.jpg

Also steamed up some brocolli.

henryp11016.jpg

Chicken is brined and ready for injection.
henryp11019.jpg

Well under way shot.
henryp11024.jpg

Temp is spot on with Thin Blue Smoke.
henryp11025.jpg

Peaches gettin done.
henryp11026.jpg

Bird finished and resting.
henryp11028.jpg

Couldn't resist this shot.
henryp11030.jpg

Plated. Please use this pic. Not sure pictures do this meal justice, but it was off the charts delicious.
henryp11036.jpg

This as my "Official Entry" to the "Go To Meal" TD

Here is my entry. Pork Shoulder Picnic, bone in.

Started with Injecting/Marinating Overnight with "PYGBOYZ Own" Eastern Carolina sauce. Recipe to follow....uh-oh can't do that, it's a secret!!

Tried something new, the crust, took Wasabi Peas and Freeze Dried Chili's Put them in my coffee grinder, used some mustard based sauce called Wise's. Rubbed the non-skin side with the Wise's BBQ sauce and used the Wasabi and Chili concoction to rubbed down the Pork Shoulder.
-The Corn was partially husked and rubbed down with butter, sprinkled with pepper and garlic, re-husked and grilled.
-Red Potatoes were forked and soaked in water with Garlic Powder, Onion Powder, and Fajita Seasonings.

1. The Ingredients.jpg
The Ingredients
2. The Crust.jpg
The making of the Crust
3. The Crust applied.jpg
The Crust is applied
4. The Morning Smoke.jpg
Awe, nothing better than Early Morning Smoke
5. Dark n Stormy.jpg
It was Dark n Stormy earlier in the A.M.
6. Half way.jpg
Half way done.
7. The Sides.jpg
The sides being prepped
8. The Flip.jpg
Flip the Shoulder and added the sides to the Egg.
9. Coming Off.jpg
Coming off to rest
10. The End.jpg
The End and Finale, please use this as my M.S.

Enjoy!!!

Actually, turned out pretty good especially the Wasabi Pea and Chili Crust, I will definitely do that again.

PYGBOYZ

Official Entry for "Your Go-To Meal" Throwdown

Please accept this as my official entry in the "Your Go-To Meal" Throwdown.

I had a little trouble deciding on what is my "Go-To Meal" so I asked a couple of co-workers what they thought was my "Go-To Meal" and I got some responses that I didn't expect: "pork butt" and "beef ribs". Now the beef rib answer wasn't that surprising as that co-worker loves my beef ribs so basically his answer was his personal favorite.:rolleyes: The pork butt answer came from a guy that loves baby back ribs so I guess he had some other criteria for his answer. Personally I was thinking possibly brisket as the brisket we served at the local Eggfest this year was clearly the most popular item we served (we served 6 different items).

I asked my wife what she thought and she said "brisket" without hesitation so with that ruling, I'm submitting this brisket as my TD entry:

IMG_2612.jpg

Full cook thread can be found here.

Back