MMMM.. BRISKET..
The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS.  

Our Homepage Donation to Forum Overhead Welocme Merchandise Associations Purchase Subscription Amazon Affiliate
Go Back   The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS. > Discussion Area > Catering, Food Handling and Awareness > Catering, Vending and Cooking For The Masses.

Notices

Catering, Vending and Cooking For The Masses. this forum is OnTopic. A resource to help with catering, vending and just cooking for large parties. Topics to include Getting Started, Ethics, Marketing, Catering resources, Formulas and recipes for cooking for large groups.

Old 08-13-2010, 10:53 AM   #1
n-2-que
is one Smokin' Farker

Default Pulled pork numbers help

I am looking for some guidance we are doing a charity event for 175 people just pulled pork sandwiches. i need to know about how much raw pork i need?

I need to sit down and weigh precooked and cooked and serving size to see how much i get out of a pork/brisket and such but have yet to do that as before i know it the food is gone LOL.

or does anyone have some kind of spreadsheet to help determine this all out?
Cooker
CookShack- Fec100
BGE - Extra Large with Table
Weber- 22 inch Kettle

Old 08-13-2010, 11:42 AM   #2
big brother smoke
somebody shut me the fark up.

90lbs. of raw pork with 50% yield will give you 45. lbs. of cooked. This will give you 180 1/4 pork sammies. So you should probably do about 100 lbs of raw to be safe. or if you want bigger sammies go 120 lbs. of raw.

Powered by the West Coast Offense: Big Poppa Smokers and Simply Marvelous BBQ - "Walk with Us"

My weapons: Humphrey's Smokers
big brother smoke is offline   Reply With Quote
Thanks from:--->
Old 08-13-2010, 02:38 PM   #3
chambersuac
somebody shut me the fark up.

BBS knows his stuff - good luck.

IMBAS Certified MOINK Ball maker and IMBAS Sgt. At Arms.

And now, brethren, I commend you to God, and to the word of his grace, which is able to build you up, and to give you an inheritance among all them which are sanctified. [Acts 20:32 KJV]
chambersuac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2010, 09:42 AM   #4
cfbeagle
Found some matches.

I figure butts cook down to 50%, then I figure 1/3 pound per serving. Then I package up whatever is left in 1lb. pkgs and sell at the end of the event. People always buy it. (probably won't be alot left tho.)
cfbeagle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2010, 07:03 PM   #5
HBMTN
is Blowin Smoke!

96lbs Raw is my 2 cents worth but I'd see what others say.