Question: BBQ Pass Granted - Who do you pick, what & why ?

MilitantSquatter

Reaction score
Here's the discussion topic :

You are granted a one-time free pass to a BBQ prepared by anyone of your choice ( ex. Brethren forum member, competition BBQ cook/team, BBQ legend, famous BBQ restaurant, or other (celebrity, model etc)

Who would it be ? Why ?

What BBQ would request be prepared ?

What would you discuss ?

Last edited:
Too many on my list but today, if I had to pick just one right now, I'd go for a whole hog cooked by Cookston. I'd want to know the details of cooking it, what the right tenderness should be in the different meats, how she goes about developing her sauces and rubs and where to inject it.

Not saying I would ever have a need to cook a competition hog but I'd like to learn about it anyway.

1. Donnie (Pit Master T) I would like him to cook Brisket. I enjoy his post and he makes me laugh. And he once lived in my hometown.
2. Steph. I would have him cook some ribs. He could show me the true potential of his rubs and sauces.
3. And for a celebrity cook Id go with Chris Lilly. I would have him cook chicken.

thats my list

*edit*
ooops i picked three.

Who would it be ? Giada, she can grill right?

Why ? Look at her

What BBQ would request be prepared ? Steak

What would you discuss ? If she ever cooks in her birthday suit.

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk 2

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1339863292994.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1339863292994.jpg
    52.6 KB · Views: 145
Who would it be ? Giada, she can grill right?

Why ? Look at her

What BBQ would request be prepared ? Steak

What would you discuss ? If she ever cooks in her birthday suit.

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk 2

Or that sweet little lighting bolt she shaved her cooch to look like. Everytime she was over at Popdaddys (who advised her when she started the show to have the Kitchen designers to actually install the oven UNDER the countertop) she would always walk around naked and she would always say in the best Elvis voice she could muster... "got a towel for the couch? I just took care of Popdaddy's business in a flash."

Mine would be Walter Jetton before he started using briskets....I would really have liked to tend and work at one of those old Nasa BBQ's in Houston.

I think because his cooking was more closely tied to the old style before the advent of the ovens made popular after 1905.

I would want his beef quarters, and of course ribs.

I would want to know all about the stuff he boiled his cuts in to set the meat. My Gosh by the time I tasted it, it was the basting mop for the ribs, which were also boiled in the mixture first. I know a bit of what was in it... but would really like to know more.

Also, I would like to fast forward to his cook after LBJ pretty much subsidized his catering business. I would like to see again all the gear he used. Especially the throw down steel pit liners he used.

Without a doubt I would like to sit by the lake with jeannie (Cowgirl), and have what ever she's in the mood to cook......... and a couple of cold ones! She does nothing but dazzle, every time she posts

Adam Perry Lang

His book Serious Barbecue has inspired me more than any other cookbook. His philosophy and cooking style is one I would very much like to emulate.

Without a doubt I would like to sit by the lake with jeannie (Cowgirl), and have what ever she's in the mood to cook......... and a couple of cold ones! She does nothing but dazzle, every time she posts

You're welcome at my table or campfire anytime. :grin: Thanks.. :hug:

Back